Who here rides motorcycles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Wisconsin
hogger129
I want to get a motorcycle. I want to ride around and have the ladies ask me for rides. But I see on the news all these people that get into accidents on them because other drivers on the road are dumb. Does anyone here ride them and can you give me some advice on how to get over this? I will probably sign up for a course at the local community college campus where they teach the beginner's riding courses next fall. I'd just like a small 600cc or something like that. Don't really know much about it though, like what kind of gear I need other than a helmet, long pants, proper shoes, gloves and whatnot.

thread > What kind of bike do you ride ?

other than a helmet, long pants, proper shoes, gloves and whatnot
Sounds good. Back protection is very important too, you've got to protect that spine.
ryggskydd.jpg
Never ride in plain jeans or worse shorts, I've seen the kind of damage that can do on your legs if you go
down at speed and tumble around on the ground for a while.
If you want to go that extra mile you could also use neck, elbow and knee protection.
You might end up looking like the Michelin Man though. ; )
I see on the news all these people that get into accidents on them
Riding smart and planning ahead goes a long way. I've had one accident in eight years and that
one wasn't even my fault. I was standing still in an intersection and this van rear-ended me.
I did some stupid things the first two years of riding which I regret now, but ever since then I'm riding
a lot more responsibly.

My first one was a 900cc and my current is 1,300. I lost the riding bug for a while and was
planning on selling my bike and not ride anymore, but I've been getting the feeling back a bit lately.
Rode for an hour after work today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back