Who is doing it like Me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Grip
  • 27 comments
  • 2,036 views
Messages
64
i started my GT over, from 40%.

No Transfer of Credits/Licences
No Trackmap
Simple Display Mode only
Manual Transmission
ASM/TCS only if the car has it in Real Life
No completley overtuned cars
Only Bspec races already won or long races.
 
I play like this:

Manual Transmission
No Driving 'aids' in any cars (when i've forgotten to turn them off in a new car they really make driving more difficult for me)
No overtuned cars
B-spec mainly repeat races - i have used it for a couple others though

I am around 30% done, starting to regret taking the money, as i really got started in the game pretty quickly after buying an 01 NSX, i now have over 2 million though so 100K is nothing much

Well done for opting to play the game properly BTW 👍
 
i do automatic as my left finger(s) are dodgy and not right.

otherwise just standard.
 
I never transferred data or licenses.

I golded all the licenses before I did anything else. Then I went and passed all the Mission Hall events. I've only purchased one car (the Cobra R because I'm a Mustang nut), and the rest have been won. I have done no Bspec races at all. I've been using only the unmodded cars in my garage to race with, and have been trying to get at least 100aspec points per race. Any less and I will try to find a slower car in my garage if possible. I've got about 12,000 Aspec points doing this, and am only 18% complete.

That's the cool thing about this game, there's no ONE way to play it. :D
 
I transfered the creds, but next time I play I'll just win the second rally. And I've started using manual.
 
Sureshot
i do automatic as my left finger(s) are dodgy and not right.

otherwise just standard.

Just a suggestion but I run my shifting buttons both on R1 and R2 buttons. R1 for up shifts and R2 for down shifts. For some reason I like doing all my shifting with the same hand, and it leaves my left completely clear to concentrate on the fine steering inputs.

Could try it if you're looking for a more comfortable way to drive manual with the DS2.
 
Transfered Credits( yes i'm weak)
Not Licences
Started with the HPA R32 (i'm weak but not this car)
Earn a millon plus quick from special conditions(bought rare used cars for every championship)
Manual every race even long ones. 👍
 
i transfered credits from GT3, but only for my M-Spec Nur, which until i got to 30% i only used for hotlapping and screwing around with, not for completing the game, hell, i didn't even use it for the Red Emblem race, i used the 73 for that one.

i play only Manual (can't even play with Auto anymore) and ASM/TCS off always (whether the car has it IRL or not)

when i tune a car i usually don't give it more than 50-100 extra HP and a couple drivetrain mods, but for the most part i don't tune anything unless i really need to.

and i only use B-Spec if i think the races will be boring and/or tedious (ie. Enduros, and some of the long events) or if i really have no interest in driving a required car (like Daihatsus :yuck: )
 
I'm about to restart my game (@44.4%) but this time I'm NOT transfering credits and gonna start the same way I started GT1, GT2, and GT3, with a Miata!
 
never played gt1 2 or 3.. last week just bought a brand new ps2 + gt4 + dfp... started from scratch.. almost 20% done =D
 
the credit transfer-thing i always thought was rather rediculous, as you get some rather good cars just from doing liscence tests, which can then be raced to get other cars. the only cars i bought in the beginning of the game were an AZ-1 for the K cup, some FF car for the FF race, and a damn truck.
but for me, the stats are:
*not started the s liscence tests, i wanted to get IA and then actually do races
*completed the beginner area
*first 10 missions
*some special condition races
*never use ASM, tcs at 1 if it's a high power car
*learning to use manual, though i'm lazy
*never bothered tuning cars, for several reasons: 1) Costs money 2) If you tune a car incredibly away from stock, then it's not really the car you started with. GT4 is a driving sim, not a "lets see how much power we can fit into a car and turn it into a monster" game. but i plan to do what i did in GT3 until my garage got too full: keep one version stock, or lightly modified (with things that would be easily possible in real life, suspension, chip, muffler, some slight engine/tranny work), and then one version that is heavily tuned. that way i have both to play with, and always remeber the roots of the car.
*my PS2 stopped reading GT4; that is, my PS2 broke enough and damaged GT4 (lense bumped up against the disc, but taht's what you get for buying one of the first PS2s on the market and then having idiot roommates). :scared: And I had quite a few finals to deal with, not to mention preparation for moving to Japan, where I done am now. :ouch:

So a few days before I left, i bought a PSTwo (buying PST for primarily travel reasons, friend will repair and use PS2), checked that it would play GT4 after my PS2 damaged it, and finally got a place and a tv. But it's been a month to the day that I haven't played GT4, and i plan to finally play some tonight.

woo! why am i here then? i could be playing gt4!
 
it is great that you guys are playing the game well and having fun with it :) 👍
here is how I do it:

I did transfer credits from GT3 but it was a waste because i spent it all on my FPV GT. i transfered the licenses too, but i did all of them anyway because you didn't get the prize cars for them without it.
Always manual transmission, hate autos :crazy:
always drive with TCS and ASM off, i use TCS 1 for ultra high powered cars with over 1000bhp. To reduce wheelspin without TCS i just make first and second gear very tall on high powered cars.
i started off with the Mazda RX-7 GT Limited '85.

do any of you guys like the Holden Monaro or SS Commodore?
 
You can play w/o manual? I mean accourse... Everyone should play with manual. I usually don't tune the suspensions on my cars , I just mess around the spring rates every once and a while. Everything else I leave stock ( I tune my car and I love doing unfair races)


Modded Cars to Own the Comp 4 Life ( MCTOTC4L)
 
i never thought about "overtuning a car" before. it is kind of easy to win most races with a 800hp car. then its not about the driving. how do you use the 3 different setups in the settings menu?
 
I like using manual cause you get a better feel for driving the car and its faster but i nan automatic once you go aroudn turns your usually still in a high gear so once you come out of the turn its slow picking up until it shifts down and gets back into the right gear
 
How do you even judge if you've "overtuned" a car. Aspec points? Anyways...

I also do the "one tuned, one stock" technique. There's too much money in GT4 to have to modify a car you like stock, just buy another one in a wild color and mod it! heh.

The thing I hate about the A,B,C setups is that B and C start off unmodded, you have to go turn all the mods on.

I always drive manual, and only use ASM if a car has "teh understeers", or something.
 
i dont even see how you could play without manual transmission

i started out like that, then tried switching back to automatic because i sucked at rally and thought i could concentrate more on steering and throttle, but did even worse. i actually do worse when i use automatic transmisson. im really not sure why though...
 
i started from scratch, a day late, but i dont think that matters, i barely use tcs, asm i never use, because i go between drifting and racing alot, and im 30% done. the only two cars i use tcs for are my 1083 hp AMG CLK GTR and my 1283 hp Toyota 88. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears are rubish and burn the tires, but ill take it off when i get the DFP :) and i cant wait to get my permit, two more months, yes
 
do any of you guys like the Holden Monaro or SS Commodore?

I started off with the Monaro, (yes i did transfer the cash from GT3 as i was hiring it out). It seems alright to drive although it does understeer heavily. It was about time we got some aussie cars in the game :)
 
restarted at 40%
midly tuned cars averageing 10-150pt race
normal screen (i know every track ne wayz)
only transfer b and a cuase there usless
no money transfer (whats the point its simple to get money :dunce: lol)
bspec for enduros or put 5000km on apec before i put 1inch on bspec....
if i am crazy ill use auto casue it will slow me down (never used it ever.... :) )
 
i play the game like a game. i use the most powerful weapon to get the job done.. i dont waste my time ***** footing around with non tuned cars. i get 100% then i just work on my 1/4 times and drifting
 
MCX
How do you even judge if you've "overtuned" a car. Aspec points? Anyways...

I also do the "one tuned, one stock" technique. There's too much money in GT4 to have to modify a car you like stock, just buy another one in a wild color and mod it! heh.

The thing I hate about the A,B,C setups is that B and C start off unmodded, you have to go turn all the mods on.

I always drive manual, and only use ASM if a car has "teh understeers", or something.

Overtuned is impossible to tell, more of a matter of personal oppinion. I did the JGTC series in the Au Ceruma Supra, STOCK, no suspension, gear, anything changed. won every race by 20-30 seconds, and the races were only 10 points!

Shouldnt a race with equal cars give you more like 50 points?

Oh, BTW, i got all the 1 Lap Magics done, except one, wonder which one that is... :scared:
 
Lethalchem
I never transferred data or licenses.

I golded all the licenses before I did anything else. Then I went and passed all the Mission Hall events.

That's what I'm doing. It's not like it matters whether you transfer credits from GT3 or not. I didn't, but it doesn't give you much of an advantage. It's only $100K. You get a lot more than that and 20 cars for doing the licenses/missions first.
 
I dont care at all which exactly is my percentage of completion..i have gt4 from 5th of march,and i am at 20%.But i have 80 cars so far.I dont mind winning races only for taking this great game as medal of honor,i like to buy (or win) a car that i like,and take it for endless free runs ,setting it right,and enjoying..Like i would do in reality..No need to say that all the driving aids are off,and the transmission is manual..
 
I started a game and screwed around making days pass to get my real life car, then started a new game and bought my car from the other save. I slowly tuned that car up and won every race it was competitive in, collecting other old cars along the way.

I try not to overtune for races but it happens sometimes when I realize a car I already have modded is eligible for another race.

I don't use ASM, and I use TCS on 2 or 3 for the really powerful cars on tight courses like Opera and turn it off for more open courses like GV or Laguna Seca.

I use B-Spec sometimes. Mostly as a co-driver in enduros, or to make money when I get really low, although my preferred money making scheme in the Costa Amalfi with my GSXR-4 which you cannot B-Spec.

I'm at about 68%. I don't know my A-Spec rating. Last time I checked I had about 220 cars. My main goal is to collect all the "Historic" cars and just have fun with those.

I will probably restart this summer or when I get to 100% and try to Maximize A-Spec points, minimize B-Spec, all golds on licenses etc. But for right now I'm having too much fun just exploring and playing with the old cars...
 
for me it goes like :

No credit nor licence tranfers.
Golded A and B licence, silvered IA, IB and S licence.

Waited as long as possible to buy any car.
If possible, drive any car in stock form.

Don't care 'bout A-spec points.

B-spec only to rerun races where you earn alot.

Owning 90 cars right now
No Overtuning for racing, if I fully mod a car, it's for fun and hotlapping in free runs.

5,500,000 credit at the moment.
 
I made a new game after reachiing 75% on my other one. I set ground rules I will follow to raise my enjoyment this time around. I think that we all have our own idea of what we want out of the game, and each has our own way of enjoying this great creation.

This is my first Gran Turismo game and frankly I didnt know any better on my first time playing. I had no idea about buying cars, what you win, tuning etc etc. I followed all the guides and spoilers I could find and blasted right through most everything.

Well spoilers are just that, and I felt I had spoiled the game. Now I have taken what I have learned about the game and begun anew.

Using rules like never selling a car, never adding any HP and relying on a better handling car and better driving are some of the things I plan to do this time through.

Funny thing is I am not even 20% yet and my A-Spec score is already higher hehe.
 
Back