Who is now Pre-Ordering Forza 3 after TGS?

• Thread starter Schmo
  • 24 comments
MrSchmo
Just like the rest of you I kicked my cat when I heard the new that we have to wait longer for GT5. I punted it straight out the window.

I was going to pass on Forza 3 this fall due to it being so close to GT5. There was no need to play 2 Sim Races so close together, but with the announcement of how far away the release date is, I need my racing fix. Prologue is getting old. I've been playing GT4 again last few weeks, but after TGS I can longer look GT in the eye.

So, I'm going to go Pre-Order Forza today. Who else is doing this just after hearing the TGS news?

Figure of speech. I dont even own a cat. I have a Dog. (I didnt kick him either)

Just frustrated in waiting. Buying cockpit parts, wheels, all to wait longer. I just wan to go racing. So Forza will have to be my fix.

Figure of speech. I dont even own a cat. I have a Dog. (I didnt kick him either)

I was only joking?

Just frustrated in waiting. Buying cockpit parts, wheels, all to wait longer. I just wan to go racing. So Forza will have to be my fix.

So if you have bought your cockpit parts and wheel, what have you already bought?

Is the wheel you got for the rig compatible with the 360? Which can only be the fanatec?

If not you will have to sell your current wheel and hope your new one fits on your rig correctly.

I have a cockpit designed for the G25, so any hope of getting a new wheel for it is redundant. As such, I won't be buying forza unfortunately unless I come into money.

I already had the game pre-ordered as I suspect quite a few people did on GTP.

So if you have bought your cockpit parts and wheel, what have you already bought?

Is the wheel you got for the rig compatible with the 360? Which can only be the fanatec?

If not you will have to sell your current wheel and hope your new one fits on your rig correctly.

I have a cockpit designed for the G25, so any hope of getting a new wheel for it is redundant. As such, I won't be buying forza unfortunately unless I come into money.

I already have a WheelStand Pro for the G25/27. I dont have one yet, I was getting the G27, but now that will be on hold till GT5 is near release. Which is good, may drop in price. I have currently a GT Force wheel from back in the day that I use now on Prologue and GT4. I have an MS wheel, which is ok. I wont buy a Fanatac wheel as they are just to expensive and always on backorder, plus I think they are ugly.

So I'm almost in the same boat as you, building a cockpit just fro GT5 and now I have to settle for Forza and a my crappy MS wheel till then.

I've bought an xbox 2 weeks ago( specifically to play FM3) and will be pre-ordering FM3 soon. If i did'nt, upon hearing today's GT5 TGS news, i would have probably kicked a cat - although Africa's cats are bigger:scared:

I've also shelled out on a PS3, G25 and cockpit when i heard of GT5's impending release - that was about 5 yrs ago i think:crazy:

I have this crazy fear that my now old PS3 is gonna pick up a fault just before GT5's release.

I'm not gonna preorder, but I'm probably gonna pick up a 360 Elite so I can play it before GT5.

I've been playing GT4 again last few weeks

So you have X360 and playing GT4? Ever heard of Forza 2 maybe? The funniest post I've ever read

Just a piece of advice, if you like GT4 you probably won't like Forza or any PC simulator at all, they are very different from GT4

Just a piece of advice, if you like GT4 you probably won't like Forza or any PC simulator at all, they are very different from GT4

What do you mean? I liked GT4 and also enjoy rFactor, GTR2/evo and other PC sims, I do however, dislike Forza 2 after playing it, so I don't understand where you pulled ur assumption out from.. Just because you don't enjoy something doesn't mean everyone has your taste.
Stop chucking in opinions everywhere in the form of facts.

Last edited:
So you have X360 and playing GT4? Ever heard of Forza 2 maybe? The funniest post I've ever read

Why is that funny? I'm bored of Prolouge, Forza 2 wasnt my dig. Forza 3 demo was short and weak. I need my racing fix, so I broke my GT4.

I am questioning Forza 3 now after the demo, I see what people mean by its cartoony look. Just doesnt have that 'real' look to it. And it was easy, I was rocking it on Simulation right off the bat with a controller. I'm usually alot better with the wheel but didnt even need to brake it out. But March (or longer) is a ways off, so Forza may have to do it.

I already had the game pre-ordered as I suspect quite a few people did on GTP.

I pre-ordered the LCE about a week ago when I picked up Dirt 2 and Shift. I can't wait to play it after having played the demo last night.

I was but not anymore.
Heard it's too arcadey and I'll have a couple games to keep me busy until March.

If you play with a controller it is pretty crap. Takes little to no skill to get the car around the track.

Playing with a wheel completely changes the game.

I had about an hour and a half free run yesterday in the 911 trying to break the 1 minute barrier and then just now got my time into the mid-to-low 59's

It is very hard to get a good lap together with the wheel as the slightest variation can result in over or understeer and the track requires a soft throttle to get the most out of it.

The only time I have had more fun in a racing game was playing bulldog on PGR4 over system link at a mates place.

p.s can't wait to get into some longer races vs the AI. Just 2 laps shows how good it is.

i shouldn't have to pre-order it as in this area games are usually never sold out, but i will definitely be picking it up when it is released, I'm just pissed that Mircrosoft and Logitech can't get it on with each other so i can use my G25, i will NOT be shelling out for a Fanatec untill both of my G25 wheels die...:indiff:

From what I understand, they weill have GT5 ready fro release about time that the PS4 gets released.

That is one reason I decided to step away from the GT series. Too much teasing lag between games. (That and I didn't want to shell out the $$ for an overpriced PS3)

I probably won't pre-order it, but I may pick it up shortly after its release.

If you play with a controller it is pretty crap. Takes little to no skill to get the car around the track.

Physics is exactly same, doesn't matter wheel or controller.

You need completely different skills, this is true. Skills from LFS/rFactor/Forza don't work in GT at all.

So here the differences by my impression so far:

1) In any simulator you feel somehow traction and have an idea inside the turn how fast you are, can you push the car further or this is already too much. In GT5P you have no any idea, car just pops up suddenly and you are completely unaware when this happens. I could do 10 laps on Suzuka in GT5P and time will be same. You are building better racing line, balancing car better or whatever you do in Forza to be faster and time doesn't improve at all. The key in GT5P is speed, the only one reliable method to drive fast there - memorize speed in every turn.

2) Over the limit cars in GT5P behave different. They don't undesteer or oversteer, something different which I never seen before (this is only when you drive inside the turn too fast, when you get powerslide it's a pure oversteer of course)

3) Sense of speed in GT5P is around 1.5 slower than Forza. You usually drive as you senses tell you and don't look at speedometer every second, so after long playing GT5P you will drive very slow in Forza, and after playing Forza you will be a way too fast in GT5P.

I specially checked 350Z on Suzuka in both games looking at speedometer, the limits in every turn looks more or less same. But after Forza you have impression that car sliding like crazy, cause if you check speedometer it shows 100 when you totally confident the speed is around 60. And otherwise, after GT5P you will get an impression there are too much grip, cause you are driving 60 and thinking it's 100.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered 2 copies of Forza 3 yesterday when I pre-ordered 2 copies of Borderlands. Not because of TGS, but because I love Forza.

I plan on getting 3 copies of FM3 at some point (buying two of them used) so I can run multiple screens. I won't buy the other two copies for maybe a year though.

Latest Posts

Back