Who knew the 787B was so fast?

• Thread starter Gil
  • 13 comments

Gil

Bird man
Premium
old-guy64
I finally sat down and decided to run the last of the Enduros on the Memory card I use for comps.
All that remained was the 78 Laps at Mistral.

I was up against a Nissan R390-GT1, Mazda 787B, S2000LM, Toyota GT-One, and one other car.
I chose to run the R390-GT1 with no power mods, some suspension tweekage, and T2 Tires.

First off I'd like to say, DAMN that 787B is awfully fast.:eek:
Thankfully, with the tires I was running I only had to pit twice.
Once on lap 28, and again on 56.
I was running fairly consistent laps in the 1'33-1'35 range once the tires heated up.
Of course the only real competition in this race was the 787B.
If it hadn't been pitting in every 4 laps I would have lost, and lost badly.
We tossed the lead back and forth, with me pulling ahead or back into the lead at each of its pit stops.
I got passed the last time on lap 70. The 787B was pulling about 1-2 full seconds faster each lap than I was. I saw doom looming in the future as I wasn't gonna catch up unless he either pitted in, or spun off into the bay. Either option would have made me very happy. Especially, as I had more than two hours invested in this.
As we took the last turn, 787B leading by 3-5 full seconds. Imagine my elation when the durn thing pulled off into the pits on lap 76.
I knew that I had to grab the lead, and get at least 8 seconds ahead, and hold my lead to the Finish line.
When I won the race the 787B was within spittin' distance.
I was very happy that it was considerably shorter than the Race at R246, which I had completed a few days previously.

Anyway, I managed a "double whammy" on the prize car front.
I won the F686, and as it was the last race in the series. I took the prize car for that. A bright shiny F094H.
As I have been lucky of late with the Enduros, I have sold the 686 (it was my third).
I may try to clean up the Formula GT with the the 094. Or I may just try the R390 with some added power, and a pit strategy.:confused:

All I know is that it was kicking my butt all over the place. I almost used the Mazda, but I thought that might be overkill. The only other time I did this one I did in (O, the shame) an F1 car.
I have since learned the error of my ways. My current game save has maybe 300 miles of F1 driving outside of the F1 championship.

Back