Who made this decision and why?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aldajjal_2010
  • 10 comments
  • 1,162 views
Messages
83
Messages
GTP_Bergwerk79
In the Nascar special event and Nascar series some of the races have mandatory stability managment. We used to be able to bypass this by turning off the ABS system. But PD has now removed this option and we are forced to drive Nascar races with stability control:ouch:
My question is, can anyone think of a good reason why PD would make Stability managment mandatory in the first place?
This is doing my head in because i can't think of a good reason for doing this, it's just plain stupid, not to mention as far from reality as you can get.
 
Yeah i don't get it either. For one NASCAR dosn't allow any driver aids. Heck there not even allowed telemetry on the car during a race. The only thing i can think of is PD for what ever reason thinks the cup cars are to difficult to drive, so to make it easyer on the masses they locked the ASM on. I dont know if thats right or not but why else? It destroyed the NASCAR series for me.
 
Because they "screwed up" and made it too easy in the first place? I don't know this challenge is stupid but you'll get through it. I did, and I'm a terminal whiner.
 
So you can't alter the ABS level at all in the NASCAR special events?
 
So you can't alter the ABS level at all in the NASCAR special events?

No. They altered it in one of the recent updates. I have not tried this yet but though someone posted if you set the brake balance to 0/0 it would have a similar effect to removing ABS. Again unproven to me but you may want to try it
 
To compensate for the AI (Artificial Idiot). They also changed all the grid start race in A-spec into rolling start for the same reason.
 
I tried to change the brake balance but it won't even let you do that. I know the event isn't impossible, but I don't find the NASCAR races fun enough to replay them enough times to win these special events.

I think it's just a mistake on PD's part, I can't think of any logical reason for them to do this.
 
They did similar thing in Murcielago Grand Tour, but they didn't need a patch to get this one screwed - mandatory skid recovery in 4wd car with fairly poor traction - you get instant traction boost halfway through your drift and you end up spinning out. I can understand that in licences, where such settings enforce you to employ certain techniques in order to pass the test, but in special events (especially quite challenging nascar) - it's plainly stupid.
 
Because PD only has 2 ways of doing things: making stuff rediculously easy (no restrictions in A-spec events for instance) or making stuff rediculously difficult (Nascar or Vettel's arcade challenge)..

There seems to be no way in between.
Oh and they also like to fix things that don't need fixing.
 
i don´t get why they´ve done this, but i didn´t get the forced srf in one of the last SE either. mby pd let student apprentices do the work :)
 
HN7
To compensate for the AI (Artificial Idiot). They also changed all the grid start race in A-spec into rolling start for the same reason.

Not all A-Spec races have become rolling starts. I've done at least a few that are grid starts. Off the top of my head, the Formula GT races (Extreme) are still grid starts.
 
Back