Who Needs This?

  • Thread starter Thread starter thedeester1
  • 8 comments
  • 1,317 views
Messages
419
United Kingdom
South Yorkshire
Messages
GTP_Thedeester1
I was on the GT website today looking why my pre-order from Amazon is now almost a year old....They have this thing where if you have a race car with some special kit and a GPS you can record your lap and play it in GT5. Ok ive been to many track days with many cars...but none of them had that kit..Im guessing 1 in half a million buyers have that kit...so maybe theyre gonna have more "beat this lap" competitions? I also heard that they are pressing 3D...Do you have a 3D TV....are you gonna buy one till its proven on something more than a video game...Im not! Ive seen the latest 3D movies and well, they were ok but the WOW factor isnt that great. Besides I have to wear glasses that otherwise make my eyes hurt.....Brilliant?...NO!...If the Title is full 3D I wont be buying it....I just cant afford a new TV (credit crunch and all) oh and Im so exited about that lap recording technology Im having the kit fitted to my VW golf runnabout right now (sarcasm)....Its a video game! Any chance of playing it this decade?
 
I think PS4 will be out before GT5 is. 👎 :indiff:
 
Though I agree with most of what you said, I believe you should've posted it in the appropiate threads. There are already threads for "Would GT5 be in 3D?" with people (including yours truly) critizising the 3D idea, and also criticism threads for the GPS-thingy. We're very pushy with the use of the Search button here at GTP since it's the way we keep this forums organized and easy to use ;).
 
Though there is nothing about the GPS and lap recording technology...I tried a search. I combined the 2 to avoid false post counting scores...
 
The GPS unit will become a lot more universally appreciated when they begin recording real laps from noteable people and using them for DLC or contests and etc... Which is what I believe they will do. If it ends up being put to no use except for the miniscule percentage of people who own the actual GPS unit then I will agree with you. I just don't think PD are shortsighted/dumb enough to let that happen.

EDIT: and you should check the newish screenshot comparison and video on the main page to actually see where the time is being spent.
 
The GPS unit will become a lot more universally appreciated when they begin recording real laps from noteable people and using them for DLC or contests and etc... Which is what I believe they will do. If it ends up being put to no use except for the miniscule percentage of people who own the actual GPS unit then I will agree with you. I just don't think PD are shortsighted/dumb enough to let that happen.

Lets face it the way Video games are going they are released and then the producers sit back and let the cash roll in...Unless there is a massive fux up they dont even bother fixing glitches anymore. The only games that have true support are the pay to play mass multi player's. Ill Give it to PD...they release quality and it doesnt need fixing...But keeping up competitions for the life of the game costs money and thats not in with the purchase price so unless there is a subscription then the lap recording is a gimmick!
 
Lets face it the way Video games are going they are released and then the producers sit back and let the cash roll in...Unless there is a massive fux up they dont even bother fixing glitches anymore. The only games that have true support are the pay to play mass multi player's. Ill Give it to PD...they release quality and it doesnt need fixing...But keeping up competitions for the life of the game costs money and thats not in with the purchase price so unless there is a subscription then the lap recording is a gimmick!

Really? Well they updated Prologue with Spec II and III after release and that was just a demo. I'm looking at my ps3 games right now and I see literally like 7 or 8 right off hand that have had significant fixes/patches/content released after (sometimes WELL after like Criterion and Burnout) release. So honestly I just think you're incorrect.
 
Yay another complaining thread.

I'm going to love seeing those people saying PS4 or Forza4 will be out before GT5 eat their words when we have it in our hands before the end of the year.

Edit: and if I had any of the GT tracks close to me, I would definitely use it.
 
Data Logger is amazing.Who said that we need to buy it?PD are sponsors on many races and will provide that hardware GPS to racers.Then we watch it! :)))
Come on!All professionals will buy one and share some replays with us.It's a greatest advertisement to GT.PD will be interesed in providing that hardware to professionals.
As for 3D - I think PD can do nothing with Sony.Boss wants 3D - then it will be in 3D.And so on...
Sony need to sell some 3D TV's - GT is nice opportunity to do that.
 
Back