Who races in real life?

Well, my season is over.
Past Saturday we had our final race of the season.
I only had 1 goal this race and that was to be in front of a certain competitor, because that would mean that I would become 3rd in the championship.

Qualifying: 3rd place
Race 1: 2nd with a last lap overtake
Race 2: 2nd with again a last lap overtake, which was rather spectacular, just check the video :eek:
Race 3 was our only long race of the season: 50 minutes with a mandatory pitstop of 1 minute. First of all I came to the pre grid and suddenly realized that the left front brake pads were as good as gone... didn't notice anything in race 2, but now that everything was cooled down I could hear it grind on the disc. Nothing to do about it though, so I just carried on but after 5 laps I really started to struggle. Luckily it was manageable with pumping the brakes and just brake sooner.
Dropped my lap times with 1.5 - 2 seconds, which was still fast enough to keep 6th place.
Then we had the pitstop, and I don't have a pit crew so I needed to time it myself. Took of my glove, started the timer and once it hit 1 minute I got going again and then put on my glove again... that resulted in a 10 second penalty at the end of the race.
10th overall was the result and 5th place as a day result.

YouTube video report 👈

I really thought that I blew my chances to get 3rd place in the championship, but yesterday the official results were posted.
The 3 worst results are scrapped from the total points and to my surprise I did manage to take 3rd place in the championship by just 3 points! :cheers::cheers::D

Can't wait for the next season because I really think I've made the step to fight for the championship now.

IMG_7756-1.jpg

IMG_7739-1.jpg

IMG_7753-1.jpg

IMG_7751-1.jpg

IMG_7728-1.jpg

IMG_7758-1.jpg

IMG_7731-1.jpg

IMG_7744-1.jpg

IMG_7742-1.jpg

Latest Posts

Back