Who wants to be a race marshal?

• Thread starter t.o.
  • 12 comments
That's right, you get the distinct honor of having to pour through video after video till your eyes bleed all for the sake of a digital handshake. lol
Seriously, it would be once a week for a batch of either 3 or 4 heat races lasting no longer than 8 laps each on short circuits.

I hate to say it, but what is a race marshal? Is it like a referee?

Yeah. Well in the term I'm using it, he checks to make sure the racing is clean and if there's an incident he determines who's at fault and what penalty should be enforced.

Sounds cool, but one person would have to watch the same video at least 8 times to cover the whole field :lol: that's a lot of work!

Sounds cool, but one person would have to watch the same video at least 8 times to cover the whole field :lol: that's a lot of work!

lol, I know. I know it can be :banghead: but think of all the POWER you'd have. Kanye West would have been rapping about you in those Forza 4 trailers. "No one Fezz should have all that power..."

I would do it, I marshaled a few random lobbies in GT5 recently, but it was painfully boring scrolling through 12 players for 10 minutes to make sure they were driving clean. Never again.

I should add I did it live, so I had to constantly switch players to keep my eyes on all the different packs that had formed.

I would do it, I marshaled a few random lobbies in GT5 recently, but it was painfully boring scrolling through 12 players for 10 minutes to make sure they were driving clean. Never again.

I should add I did it live, so I had to constantly switch players to keep my eyes on all the different packs that had formed.

Well it doesn't have to be just one person. Both of you could have some fun doing it.

Could you also send me a list of who is in what car to save confusion on my end

Cool. Once I get that sorted I'll get it to you. I'll have a finalized list soon. There may be duplicate liveries so watch out for that. But the name and number will be different on the car.

Back