Who would buy a track editor if there was one out?

• Thread starter rjensen11
  • 24 comments

Would YOU buy a track editor?

• Heck Yeah!

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • No way, it would ruin all GT games

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
If it was a separate program, would YOU buy a track editor? Then you could create some tracks that PD left out, like Drag Races, play some rally races at night, do some SS5 during the day, or create totally new tracks.

Yeah I'd totally buy an editor! Then I could "repair" tracks like Seattle and get rid of those stupid tram lines and that up and down bit - what is that all about? :rolleyes: :mad:

I think it would be rather nice to be able to build my own track, just as long as I could build it as Long as I wanted. (I'm talking Miles here gentalman)

If the editor was anything like V-Rally 2, I would.

Only this time you could choose trackside objects, and have your own "Trackside Creation" bit.

That would be sensational.

I just want to build tracks with scary high speed corners with big accident potential, lots of changing cambers, really fast and challenging stuff - like that really fast left hander at Suzuka before the right-left chicane (the 130R?)

Yeah id buy a track editor if they made one that was somehow compatable wiht the current gt3 or perhaps the upcoming 4. Or hey, even make a stunts course or somthing. Speking of which, does anyone remember back in the day that old dos game called stunts? it was a racing game and you could also make your own tracks and stuff. Just curious to wonder. :burnout: :D

I remember that game - it was like 1990 or something it came out. It had a great selection of cars, I remember one the V12 Le Mans Jags being in it.

You could design your own tracks - the only thing was you couldn't design decent corners (loops - no problem...)

Who remembers the old Amiga game 'Stunt Car Racer'?

It basically involved racing head to head over increasingly difficult 'stunt' courses (there were jumps and off camber sections).

It was a classic - especially if you're into having :eek: BIG :eek: accidents in racing games, which I must admit I am - who remembers having multiple rollvers in the original V-Rally?!?

Best ever - one of the Colin McRae games, had a Audi Quattro that through the cheats made over 1000 hp. I fell off the road at Corsica (misjudged a bank) at well over 200mph, even in the replay lost count of the rollovers. Sensational....

:smilewink

hehe, thats tight that someone remembers that game. It was so fun. But unfortunatly I lost it a long time ago and it has forever resided in my memory as a great game but I could never play it again. So hey I was wondering if you could hook me up wiht it again, or give me a site where I could download it, I wanna remember the fun! :D

Id definatly buy one if it was released by Sony

i got wicked ideas for some evil tracks.

Id love to design a track with all the gt2 licence test parts that were in it like the IA8 with the Toyota GT1 that corner/hill part rocked

Hell, I'd just replicate my daily commute! If you saw some of the hills and corners here in southern NH, you'd see the challenge in that. Especially if you could add snow and/or slush.

I already get the replay mode of that just looking out from my balcony. All the young bucks flying up and down the road - wouldn't be so bad if the road wasn't so narrow and lined with houses.

It would need different modes for authoring. One would be full blown detail. You draw out everything, including the birds sitting in trees, and how deep the buildings go.

But a quicker, simpler mode would allow you to just lay track, and the computer would generate the background, fencing, and rumble strips. It could even smooth out the road to make it more 'drivable', to make it flow better.

I guess this would also let us build tracks that have virtical loops and twists. We could see which cars had the best down force ... or is it UP force when you're upside down? (:

~LoudMusic

Back