Whoa! I just got busted in the hunter!

• Thread starter bbitto
  • 8 comments
I was hovering, taking out some criminals on vigilante... and the police chopper was directly overhead, shooting at me... next thing I know, the soldiers drop down on their ropes and bust me in MIDAIR.... sheesh!

- bbitto

Hmmm, well this is what I THINK happened... although Spuds just said they can pull you out from the ground if you're too low... and I was low... not like 3 feet off the ground... more like 20... (if they pulled from the ground, it was *very* unrealistic)

I didn't see the guy... I just saw the "busted", then as the camera spun around, there were guys coming down from the lines directly above my chopper, so I *assume* this is what happened, but not sure.

- bbitto

I also said "CLEAR YOUR STARS"

I have been busted well off the ground before--not sure how it happened. Not a problem if you "CLEAR YOUR STARS"

Your rotor blades should have taken care of the guys on the ropes. Not a problem if you "CLEAR YOUR STARS"

Are you getting the message yet??--LOL

Sorry I'm lecturing.

Yeah, you're right... I started clearing stars... works nicely... doesn't take that much time, and the stars build up very slowly, so you don't have to do it often.

Thanks for the tip...

But, uh, yeah, my game froze again on level 142 this time... only had one star... and I was just hovering, shooting in place... so I had one button down, and it crashed... so it doesn't look like a button jamming bug... and it's not a spawning bug... it was in the middle of a level... I did have about 6 burnt cars on screen though... *shrug*

- bbitto

That really sucks (and would drive me crazy):banghead: --I've had 10+ blown up cars on screen--it does start bogging down (slowing down) but nothing else. All I can suggest is turning off the sound (on the console itself)--I don't know if this will do anything or not-- did you turn off trails yet??

Have you had the game lock up ever before (prior to using the hunter)??

Maybe if you have a friend with the game try your game on his/her console or their game on yours and see if it locks there too (to try and find out the source of the lock ups--game disc or console).

If you've had the console for a while maybe contact sony and explain problem--maybe they can suggest something--having laser optics cleaned or something like that--I really don't know what to tell you.

I hope you solve this problem.

Back