Whoops. New controller need me thinks...

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheChef
  • 23 comments
  • 1,002 views
Messages
47
These missions can get so frustrating. Im trying to do the one with the Hondas and the damn NSX just keeps spinning out on me. Already done it once but forgot to save. Grrr...

Warning - Graphic distruction of DS2. Do not view the attachment if you are of a nevous disposition.
 

Attachments

  • Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 122
TheChef
These missions can get so frustrating. Im trying to do the one with the Hondas and the damn NSX just keeps spinning out on me. Already done it once but forgot to save. Grrr...

Warning - Graphic distruction of DS2. Do not view the attachment if you are of a nevous disposition.
hhmm... what is this? a warning about the driving missions, or to show how angry you can get to ruin ur DS2? i think of both. wait lets all start a pointless poll on this, it sertenly is the fasion for threads these days, can't get couaght with out one.
 
it r t3h broketh me thinks :lol:

So far I've managed to restrain myself from such outbursts ;)
 
You guys need to get out more....

If a game makes you brake some sturdy plastic then damn what does a death/break up do to you?
 
That looks like a death AND a break-up if you ask me...
 
Okay Yoda, why not use the force to put it back together. (not aimed at Master-Yoda, but The Chef who talks like Yoda.)

And while the Missions may be difficult, you should refrain from destroying your controllers. After all, it is just a game, you can always win by turning the power off. :dopey:
 
uh learn to be smooth on the throttle and dont jerk the wheel when you're steering>? the thing about driving is to brake enough BEFORE the turns and keep the car straight throughout. even if you get some wheelspin on the exit if the car is straight enough, not pitching and rolling, you can learn to control it.
 
ExigeExcel
You guys need to get out more....

If a game makes you brake some sturdy plastic then damn what does a death/break up do to you?

You kidding? I've been through breakups.... mission 34 is far more stressful ;)

My Gt4 CD has gone floating accross the room a few times, and my (completely innocent) DF wheel has suffered some impact testing too. The throttle pedal is already feeling a bit rough. Fortunately up until now I've always had just enough restraint to keep my equipment in usable condition because I know I'll be back behind the wheel the next day.

GT4 is probably the best driving computer game ever, but it has some glitches and features that just totally drive me nuts.
 
Alfaholic
GT4 is probably the best driving computer game ever, but it has some glitches and features that just totally drive me nuts.

Watch out saying something like that. I said that once and got a handful of responses about other games. Just pre-warning you.
 
Alfaholic
You kidding? I've been through breakups.... mission 34 is far more stressful ;)

My Gt4 CD has gone floating accross the room a few times, and my (completely innocent) DF wheel has suffered some impact testing too. The throttle pedal is already feeling a bit rough. Fortunately up until now I've always had just enough restraint to keep my equipment in usable condition because I know I'll be back behind the wheel the next day.

GT4 is probably the best driving computer game ever, but it has some glitches and features that just totally drive me nuts.
Do you play any contact sports?

Regular exercise?

Any artistry? Painting, poetry etc.

Cause you need it, that or a phyciatrist.
 
Nothing in GT has gotten me so mad that I broke something. It only took me one or two trys on each mission up to 34 which is my last one and I just can't beat it( only have tried 5 times ). This last time I got so mad that I threw something was after spending 5 hours trying to beat this mission on Stuntman but that was 3 years ago.
 
Master_Yoda
hhmm... what is this? a warning about the driving missions, or to show how angry you can get to ruin ur DS2? i think of both. wait lets all start a pointless poll on this, it sertenly is the fasion for threads these days, can't get couaght with out one.
This was pretty uncalled for. TheChef is not one of the problem children and this thread is not redundant. You self-appointed moderators need to settle down a little, or if you insist on doing our jobs for us, at least do them professionally.
 
I threw my DS2 to the floor not that long ago and the L2 and R2 buttons popped out!! :lol: it was funny but in respect to that now they are loose and it was a brand new controller (i have another 3 DS2's tho) but when playing GT4 I get aggressive i think it was Mission 34 that pi$$ed me off!!
 
Master_Yoda
hhmm... what is this? a warning about the driving missions, or to show how angry you can get to ruin ur DS2? i think of both. wait lets all start a pointless poll on this, it sertenly is the fasion for threads these days, can't get couaght with out one.

hhmm... what is this? Somebody typing with his fingers in ears and nose trying to find his brains? :crazy:
 
Yes, well said Duke and De Bolle. You said what I wanted too but couldn't be bothered to rise to Master_yodas or ExigeExcel comments. But whilst i'm here - I do exersice regulary, play contact sports in the form of sunday league football and i'm a photographer during the week. I play GT4 to win. not to 'have a nice race' I want to beat what polyphony have put in front of me. If i didn't get annoyed I wouldn't play it. And its only the DS2's that will ever take a bit of a beating.
To be honest and the main reason for posting was becasue I was supprised I snapped the thing in half.
 
Normal my grip on the DS2 is quite loose. However, in moments of tnesion I've been known to grip it harder and it's been known to creak alarmingly.

I'm astonished I've not snapped one in half myself yet - just through playing, not through anger.
 
Use punching bag insted of breaking the controller. Thurst me I learned my lesson in punching hard objects.Still have a little trouple moving my right pinky. 🤬
 
ExigeExcel
Do you play any contact sports?

Regular exercise?

Any artistry? Painting, poetry etc.

Cause you need it, that or a phyciatrist.

Contact sports? That'd be racing against GT4 AI goons :eek:

Regular exercise? I do a situp every morning.

Artistry? ummmm my racing lines are *cough* imaginative and original, and rarely straight!

Painting and poetry? indeed! I often paint the air blue with colourful prose, especially while tossing GT4 CDs from one end of the room to the other ;)

As for the psychiatrist: Nope, don't need one. My only sin was to be born sane in a crazy world :sly:
 
TheChef
Yes, well said Duke and De Bolle. You said what I wanted too but couldn't be bothered to rise to Master_yodas or ExigeExcel comments. But whilst i'm here - I do exersice regulary, play contact sports in the form of sunday league football and i'm a photographer during the week. I play GT4 to win. not to 'have a nice race' I want to beat what polyphony have put in front of me. If i didn't get annoyed I wouldn't play it. And its only the DS2's that will ever take a bit of a beating.
To be honest and the main reason for posting was becasue I was supprised I snapped the thing in half.

One thing I've found while playing GT1 through 4: once you're getting annoyed/frustrated and start gripping your controller, you're trying to hard and it's time to quit. Last night I was doing the S1-licence and getting very close to gold a couple of times, only to screw up in the last chicane. Went to bed, had a good sleep and got gold the first time I tried it (in the morning before going to work :trouble: )..
 
I'll second that notion. When I'm driving tense laps for OLR or a race, when I get to the straights, I waggle my fingers on the wheel just to force my grip and my arms to relax. If I can't remember to do that or can't make my grip loosen up, I quit for a while.
 
De Bolle
One thing I've found while playing GT1 through 4: once you're getting annoyed/frustrated and start gripping your controller, you're trying to hard and it's time to quit. Last night I was doing the S1-licence and getting very close to gold a couple of times, only to screw up in the last chicane. Went to bed, had a good sleep and got gold the first time I tried it (in the morning before going to work :trouble: )..


That has happened to me countless times. All you have to do is just wait, go play another game or something. GTA:SA is fun to use to take out aggression. But the best thing to do is just stop playing for a little.
 
I do find I really, really grip the controller hard. the harder I concentrate, the tighter I squeeze the controller.
Good news is ive managed to piece together the offending item and it works as good as new, and looks as good as new (as long as you detract your attention from the yellow gaffer tape)
 
Back