Why all the steering wheels look the same?

• Thread starter jacksmith
  • 2 comments
ramangt40
Can't help noticing that all the cars have similar steering wheels.Codemasters were talking about graphics models,computer designs and all the other major aspects of making it as close to reality as it can be but they didn't pay attention to a very important thing-the steering wheel and I know that they can't be under any kind of confidential code as most teams keep their equipments secret because most other games featuring f1 cars have same steering wheels as in real life for example gt5.The steering wheel is such an important part and characteristic of all the f1 cars,for example the redbull steering wheel has an x kinda shape with the rev lights fixed on the dash of the car while others have the rev indicators on the steering wheel.
I hope in the next installment they go another step further and model the steering wheels as they are in real life.

By the way stunning game.

the reason why they did that i think is because not all cars show the data that they wanted to show on the steering wheel. I dont really like it either but other than that top part with the data, they look like the real ones. It was probably easier to do it that way also.

I think if Im wrong sorry, but the Devs said that if they co puter scanned every wheel, then they wont be able to see the driver move his hands about tweaking the dials (you see that in game)so for them it was computer scanned wheels or showing the guy tweaking the dials.

They went with the latter, thus having to make generic wheels, but they modeled it as close to the real one as possible.

Back