Why am I crunching my gears every time I shift?

• Thread starter blacbul67
  • 4 comments
blacbul67
blacbul67
Hi, I have been a Turbo S owner since the release of Forza 3. I have always played the game using manual gears and clutch since (Actually I have tried to replicate whatever car I am driving in the game) but have had a long lay off from Forza firstly for Race Pro, then F1 2010 then GT5. I now want to continue and try to complete Forza but have now noticed I cannot drive without grinding the gears and it is driving mad (excuse the pun) I drive manual, as most do in the UK and drive as I would in a real car but I have spent half an hour trying to drive a 1954 Mercedes 300 SL coupe around the Nurburgring wanting to compare Forza against the AMG Driving Academy Special event in GT5.

Can anyone tell me how (they have used the clutch setting in the advanced settings menus because no matter how I have tried to adjust them seemingly makes no difference. Before my break from the game I did set it up in some way to minimise this effect but stupidly set them to default. Of course I am aware it could very simply down to my own poor performance but I must want an excuse before I have to consign myself to being a crappy driver!!

At a guess id say its down to your poor performance, Ive never had any problems using the clutch with my pwts

Stupid question for you, did you calibrate the wheel, the shifter and the pedals? I assume you did because you were able to play race pro.

Open telemetry. What happens when you press the clutch pedal? While holding the pedal down, does the game show that the clutch pedal is pressed? What happens on screen when you move the lever from neutral to first while holding the clutch pedal down?

Stupid question for you, did you calibrate the wheel, the shifter and the pedals? I assume you did because you were able to play race pro.

Open telemetry. What happens when you press the clutch pedal? While holding the pedal down, does the game show that the clutch pedal is pressed? What happens on screen when you move the lever from neutral to first while holding the clutch pedal down?

Hi I did calibrate, I have managed to to improve the situation again so crunching is a lot less frequent now!! I reduced the physical travel of the clutch on my clubsport pedals. I can only surmise the "biting point" is at the end of the travel whereas in cars I have driven I seem to be able to disengage/engage clutch at a point before the end of its travel. I may well be wrong but at any rate I note if I actually slow down the speed at which I physically depress and lift off the clutch pedal in comparison to that I do in real life the crunching stops.

Back