Why am I getting these force feedback sensations in ACC on a Fanatec GT DD Pro on a PS5?

• Thread starter puffmoike
  • 2 comments
Australia
Australia
When I'm playing ACC on my Fanatec GT DD Pro 8Nm on a PS5 I'm typically not particularly conscious of the force feedback (ie the sensations I'm feeling in my hands seem to correlate to what my eyes and ears are telling me).

That is until I'm going around high speed corners (eg the fast left hander near the end of the lap at Spa), when the feedback sensations seem to all but disappear.

I'm a new sim racer, so I don't have anything else to compare with (and have never driven any GT3 race cars ;)) but it seems odd that in the corner I'm feeling much less feedback than when driving in a straight line before or after the corner.

Is this:
  1. Intentional (ie actually what might happen in a race car)
  2. A bug in the game
  3. A bug in the track data (I think the behaviour is true of other tracks, but I drive Spa the most)
  4. Setup of the car (default setup of Ferrari 488)
  5. Settings of my wheelbase (as recommended on the Fanatec forum)
  6. Settings in ACC

When I'm playing ACC on my Fanatec GT DD Pro 8Nm on a PS5 I'm typically not particularly conscious of the force feedback (ie the sensations I'm feeling in my hands seem to correlate to what my eyes and ears are telling me).

That is until I'm going around high speed corners (eg the fast left hander near the end of the lap at Spa), when the feedback sensations seem to all but disappear.

I'm a new sim racer, so I don't have anything else to compare with (and have never driven any GT3 race cars ;)) but it seems odd that in the corner I'm feeling much less feedback than when driving in a straight line before or after the corner.

Is this:
  1. Intentional (ie actually what might happen in a race car)
  2. A bug in the game
  3. A bug in the track data (I think the behaviour is true of other tracks, but I drive Spa the most)
  4. Setup of the car (default setup of Ferrari 488)
  5. Settings of my wheelbase (as recommended on the Fanatec forum)
  6. Settings in ACC
I had the exact same thing happen at 1 corner at Zolder, the left hander after the first chicane,...it was as you described, literally numb FFB, that's just clipping, all I did was drop the FFB gain in game by 5 and bam! FFB like you'd expect. It's a good idea to map FFB gain to some buttons on your wheel, even temporarily until you iron out all corners ingame to get a ballpark FFB that works all over.

I had the exact same thing happen at 1 corner at Zolder, the left hander after the first chicane,...it was as you described, literally numb FFB, that's just clipping, all I did was drop the FFB gain in game by 5 and bam! FFB like you'd expect. It's a good idea to map FFB gain to some buttons on your wheel, even temporarily until you iron out all corners ingame to get a ballpark FFB that works all over.
That's a brilliant idea. I never even considered that. Heck, I didn't know you could do that

Back