Why are Lamborghinis's PP is so underrated?

• Thread starter o000o
  • 11 comments
Indonesia
Indonesia
I haven't played GT6 (Don't have a PS3)
But I feel that all Lamborghini cars PP is very underrated

Murcielago LP640's PP is 546 (And by extension, Reventon which uses the same engine = 551)
It is much lower than the SLR McLaren (571), Ford GT (563/566), and even SLS AMG (555) and 458 (554)
When LP640 and Reventon is clearly faster than all of them
None of those 4 cars reach 340 km/h (LP640 top speed) and reach 0-60 by 3,3 s

And then Murcielago SV has the same PP as SLR McLaren (571), but it's obvious that Murcielago SV is faster than SLR (670 hp > 610 hp) (SV top speed = 345, SLR = 330), (SV 0-60 = 2,8 s, SLR = 3,7)

Aventador's PP is below Enzo Ferrari
Both cars top speed are alike, but Aventador's acceleration is much faster

For Gallardo LP560, it's performance is on par with SLS and 458, it's PP should be listed on par with them, 550+ PP
As for LP640 and Reventon, should have 575+ PP
SV, 580+ PP
Aventador, near 590 PP

What do you think about this?

Feel free to correct me if I wrong
I write this thread based on my current knowledge about those cars

Update :
How about Ferrari Enzo
It is a car that has serious handling issues (Many people dislike it for it's handling)
Is Aventador's handling is even worse than Enzo that pushes it's performance capabilities below Enzo?

Last edited:
@ccaranna
Sorry, but I don't play GT6, doesn't have PS3

@Grumpy
And I heard some issues about Enzo's bad handling....
Also SLR McLaren, It's handling is said "Like a fish out of water"
So, not only Lambos have bad handling...

.......I don't really get it - if you haven't played GT6, then.....what's the point? I have driven all the cars you mentioned, and almost all Lambos in the game used to have rather appalling handling charateristics. Some are now more manageable however.

PP isn't all about just top speed and acceleration.

And from my experience, the Murcielago LP670-4 SV is the best handling V12 Lambo in the game. It turns better than the Aventador, and its longer gears (unlike the Aventador's closer ratio 7-speed) can push it even faster in the long run.

The Reventon and the LP640 are quite a handful, despite being 4WD cars. The Countaches drive decently, while the Miura and the Diablos are true raging bulls - hard to tame.

A Lotus Elise 190 will crush the Gallardo to pieces when not on Route X.

An XBow R will crush the Murcielago to pieces when not on route X. Etc

The Miura isn't what I'd call a slow car for it's PP.

The LP-640 and the Reventón won't even match a Ferrari 430, rather they're abit overrated in their stock forms compared to cars of the same PP.

I haven't played GT6 (Don't have a PS3)
But I feel that all Lamborghini cars PP is very underrated

Murcielago LP640's PP is 546 (And by extension, Reventon which uses the same engine = 551)
It is much lower than the SLR McLaren (571), Ford GT (563/566), and even SLS AMG (555) and 458 (554)
When LP640 and Reventon is clearly faster than all of them
None of those 4 cars reach 340 km/h (LP640 top speed) and reach 0-60 by 3,3 s

And then Murcielago SV has the same PP as SLR McLaren (571), but it's obvious that Murcielago SV is faster than SLR (670 hp > 610 hp) (SV top speed = 345, SLR = 330), (SV 0-60 = 2,8 s, SLR = 3,7)

Aventador's PP is below Enzo Ferrari
Both cars top speed are alike, but Aventador's acceleration is much faster

For Gallardo LP560, it's performance is on par with SLS and 458, it's PP should be listed on par with them, 550+ PP
As for LP640 and Reventon, should have 575+ PP
SV, 580+ PP
Aventador, near 590 PP

What do you think about this?

Feel free to correct me if I wrong
I write this thread based on my current knowledge about those cars

I'd say only the Miura and Countach are really underrated for their HP/kg, the other Lambos are right on average. Those two older Lambos therefore have a good performance edge on other cars at the same PP.. The Mercs are very overrated on the other hand and at a real disadvantage when matching with PP. For those big front engine cars, my guess is weight distribution and polar moment of inertia, which is why PP changes as you move ballast.

PP calculation is more than just power, weight and power/weigh ratio. The overall grip of the car is also taken into consideration, and is a very big factor. If a car can go fast in a straight line but has pitiful grip when going around corners, you can expect it to have a lower PP than you think. Try to tune a Lotus Elise and a Honda Civic to have the exact same amount of power and weight, and the Elise will always have the higher PP because it simply has more grip than the Civic.

So well Lambos handling suck so much it overshadows their fast acceleration and top speed...
Okay then...
Updated new question in the main post

@JKgo
Maybe I'm not playing GT6, but I keep an eye for it..
And I'm just curious if Lambo's PP are underrated or not...

@Polsixe
Or maybe Mercs are overrated (SLS and SLR...)

@drift
Elise 190 and Civic Type R?
No....Elise 190 actually quicker (For a car that has 190 hp)
In it's description, it is said that Elise can reach 0-60 at 4,4 seconds....
Other than better grip, that's why Elise has higher PP (Even more than ALL 276 HP Japanese cars...)

Last edited:
So well Lambos handling suck so much it overshadows their fast acceleration and top speed...
Okay then...
Updated new question in the main post

@Polsixe
Or maybe Mercs are overrated (SLS and SLR...)

@drift
Elise 190 and Civic Type R?
No....Elise 190 actually quicker (For a car that has 190 hp)
In it's description, it is said that Elise can reach 0-60 at 4,4 seconds....
Other than better grip, that's why Elise has higher PP (Even more than ALL 276 HP Japanese cars...)

Lambos aren't really know for their cornering ability. They're more well know for their speed and noise; it's only recently that Lamborghini has made corner-hugging machines.

I agree, Mercs are a bit overrated, especially the SLR. It has the same PP as a Murcielago SV but put both cars on a track and the SLR would simply get owned. The Murcielago SV is superior in every way.

The reason why the Elise 190 is very quick for just 190hp is because it's incredibly lightweight. It doesn't even weigh more than 700kg. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Back