Why are some cars not fully explorable in forzavista?

• Thread starter PiotrGT
  • 2 comments
Poland
Poland
PiotrGT
It's pretty weird how in some cars you cannot open the hood or boot. I thought it was due to some car models being older than others but after I've found out that in Forza Horizon 3 you can open only doors in Shelby GT350R I've became even more confused. What do you think?

I would imagine there are 2 reasons that are the most likely.

1) The manufacturer requested it for one reason or another.

2) T10 is lazy and never finished the model.

My money is on #2. :lol:

Several reasons, I guess:

• cars for which the manufacturer didn't allow the engine to be showcased - the most prominent examples being contemporary racecars; those cars are only taken apart under wraps to keep away the prying eyes of competitors - and it's only natural that team and manufacturers want to extend the secrecy to virtual representations of their vehicles. Concept and pre-production cars may also suffer from a similar faith;
  • cars for which it wasn't possible to acquire the necessary resources - it's hard to replicate the mechanical innards of a car if you can't take a peek under the hood. However, from what we know about the process of adding a car to Forza's roster, I'd say this group must be very small, if it exists at all;
  • cars which weren't deemed worth the "full treatment" - I can only imagine that full Forzavista would add several hundred hours of worktime to the making of a car; I wouldn't be surprised if some lesser models with less interesting engine bays were skipped over in the interst of saving money and time. This group is probably mostly made up of cars that were ported from last-gen games - over time, the percentage of non-Forzavista cars has only gone down.

Back