Why are some seemingly-innocuous liveries/decals removed?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 14 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
For example, in the "most popular" section, there's a Gulf livery for the Porsche Cayman GT4 that's removed. (You can still select the guy's profile and see the livery in photomode screenshots.) Is there more to the rules as to which liveries/decals get removed? I also noticed this player hasn't been active for a while. (I think since December 2017, in fact.) Could that be it, too?

Either because said person decided to delete the livery, or the likely event someone reported it and Sony decided to take action. They take down a lot of good stuff, sadly.

Is the "good stuff" potentially offensive, though? Like I at least wanna get where SCE is coming from, even if I disagree...

Same as @SlipZtrEm Without even publishing the logo just having it uploaded to my library for some unknown reason Evonik is censored, All I know is its a German chemical company :irked:

It's hard to tell. I have a Uniqlo logo set that, for whatever reason, is censored in-game. Not the decals themselves obviously, but the file name.

So if I were to ask you to link your GT Sport profile, I could add them and still use them, right? May I see them, if you don't mind?

File names are often censored because it might contain a phrase that is a cuss word in another language. When I type Norwegian in the side chat in lobbies for example, many words get censored even though I didn't cuss. Jalopnik is another word that is partially censored, for whatever reason.

So if I were to ask you to link your GT Sport profile, I could add them and still use them, right? May I see them, if you don't mind?

upload_2018-4-13_14-59-44.png

I haven't shared any of the logos I've uploaded in GT Sport, so viewing my profile won't really change anything.

If Slipztrem's file was censored because QLO sounds like the italian word for bottom, then someone should modify the word filter and make it less 'smart' and restrictive..

But wouldn't that also mean that MR-2 logos would all be censored, My belief is that due to how its pronounced in french it sounds extremely like a word for excrement :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brand_blunder A reference can be found here :)

Is it possible that some companies don't want their logos used like this? I've made decals for the company I work for, but I won't make them public for fear of what the public might do with them.

The censoring of words with ***** such as in decal/livery names is done by PSN. The word "night" is a commonly censored word for whatever reason due to the algorithms they use. This is a common complaint in games or apps that feature a chat function as common, innocent words get starred out. There's hundreds of threads out there with some of the banned words if you care to search. It's actually somewhat interesting reading.

The yellow "!" triangles are pictures, decals, and liveries that have been removed because somebody reported them. The General Lee with it's confederate flag is the best known example as are a multitude of "suggestively posed" anime characters. With the number of people that are offended by stupid things these days I'm shocked that many of the alcohol and tobacco items have survived.

The censoring of words with ***** such as in decal/livery names is done by PSN. The word "night" is a commonly censored word for whatever reason due to the algorithms they use. This is a common complaint in games or apps that feature a chat function as common, innocent words get starred out. There's hundreds of threads out there with some of the banned words if you care to search. It's actually somewhat interesting reading.

The yellow "!" triangles are pictures, decals, and liveries that have been removed because somebody reported them. The General Lee with it's confederate flag is the best known example as are a multitude of "suggestively posed" anime characters. With the number of people that are offended by stupid things these days I'm shocked that many of the alcohol and tobacco items have survived.

I think if PD clamped down on the alcohol and tobacco liveries, GTSports livery editor will be pretty much abandoned

Back