Why are the '92 NSX and RX-7 FC in the UCD "hot"?

United States
United States
Trying to figure out if there is new content on the way that I'm unaware of or if these are getting the "hot" tag simply due to being low-mileage.
I've heard it suggested that it's because they're Extra Menu collection cars, but they were needed in collection 2 for the NSX and collection 3 for the RX-7 rotary collection, ie fairly close to launch. If they were trying to catch people up I'd think they'd have included the AE86 1600GT Apex, 300ZX, and both Abarth's as "hot" as well.

Really hoping there's an article about content upcoming that I've yet to read that requires these cars, but am not seeing anything at the moment either.

Trying to figure out if there is new content on the way that I'm unaware of or if these are getting the "hot" tag simply due to being low-mileage.
I've heard it suggested that it's because they're Extra Menu collection cars, but they were needed in collection 2 for the NSX and collection 3 for the RX-7 rotary collection, ie fairly close to launch. If they were trying to catch people up I'd think they'd have included the AE86 1600GT Apex, 300ZX, and both Abarth's as "hot" as well.

Really hoping there's an article about content upcoming that I've yet to read that requires these cars, but am not seeing anything at the moment either.

tl;dr Some bonus cars in LCD/UCD based on what people have been wishlisting.

It can’t be hard for PD to release sales data, purchasing trends, etc. The same way Showcase data is available/transparent.

That article explains it perfectly. I always mean to keep an eye on the site but always forget it exists.

Kind of blows my mind they pay attention to any of the player wants, though I guess wishlists are very easily tracked via in-game data, with no employee needing their ear to the ground listening to the players wants.

Thank you, Famine. A wealth of info as always.

Conveniently, except for the McLaren MP4/4, they're cars required for completion of various extra menus. I somehow doubt the Porsche Spyder and Renault R8 Gordini are both more popular than the Suzuki Escudo, which has now been missing for more than 4 months despite being featured in the GTWS, an online time trial based on the GTWS, and now featured in the 25th Anniversary video.

Looks this is a nice feature, provides the top 1-2 cars based on wishlist.
Well, How can we add a car to wishlist when you did not buy it yet ? for exapmple Escudo , 0 in my garage, and I wish to buy it for months.

Anywhere it shows up in an extra menu there's a check box next to it.
I'm need ya'll ally to check "wanted" next to the two invite only Martin cars since they're greedy little Grinches with those invitations. 😂

Even the Gordini R8 is "Hot" in the LCD.
While I do love the R8, I would not class it as "Hot"

"Hot" should be used for a car in high demand.

You can only add cars to your wishlist that are currently on offer. As such, the ingame wishlisting feature does not represent the entirety of what players actually want. I for instance still need all of the cars marked in red, none of which I can wishlist.

Fk_pAY-XoAALtdh

I mean, when these engine swaps are added to the game it would be reasonable to assume that a lot of players will want to buy the corresponding car. As such, any car with a newly added engine swap should become hot soon after the update drops. It's plain common sense to me.

You can only add cars to your wishlist that are currently on offer ... I for instance still need all of the cars marked in red, none of which I can wishlist.
But all of which you could wishlist previously because they have shown up in the game before. I've got a bunch of wishlisted cars that showed up in LCD a while back and I couldn't be bothered buying them (too expensive or I was saving for the expensive ones and didn't want to buy the less expensive ones).

As a result the cumulative wishlist certainly could represent what players actually want, as they've wishlishted the cars over the past few months.

Also you can win the Willys Jeep, unless you have already done so and discarded it. Get all golds in The Magic Mountain missions.

worse one is that dior car or whatever it is. still hot months later. clearly part of the deal they agreed with pd.

heap of cr4p, getting on my nerves :D

Dior 'partnership' and linking it to that particular car is just weird imo. Be interested to know if the Dior sales have gone up since :D.

Whats next, Hugo Boss banners appear all over the trees at La Sarthe.

Last edited:
But all of which you could wishlist previously because they have shown up in the game before. I've got a bunch of wishlisted cars that showed up in LCD a while back and I couldn't be bothered buying them (too expensive or I was saving for the expensive ones and didn't want to buy the less expensive ones).

As a result the cumulative wishlist certainly could represent what players actually want, as they've wishlishted the cars over the past few months.

Also you can win the Willys Jeep, unless you have already done so and discarded it. Get all golds in The Magic Mountain missions.
My point is that the wishlisting feature could be a lot more accurate in showing what people actually want if it would simply let you wishlist any car, regardless of whether it's currently for sale or even if you already own it. I already have all the cars shown in that list in my collection, it's just that I want to have second copy for the engine swap. And yes, the Jeep I already have is that particular gifted one.

Last edited:
My point is that the wishlisting feature could be a lot more accurate in showing what people actually want if it would simply let you wishlist any car, regardless of whether it's currently for sale or even if you already own it. I already have all the cars shown in that list in my collection, it's just that I want to have second copy for the engine swap. And yes, the Jeep I already have is that particular gifted one.
True. Even if they aren't currently for sale it would be nice to have a drop-down menu or something of the sort, within the LCD/UCD, where we can wishlist any car in those dealers. Now that we know they look at this data it seems like it could serve a true function other than adding a reminder icon when it reappears.
Conveniently, except for the McLaren MP4/4, they're cars required for completion of various extra menus. I somehow doubt the Porsche Spyder and Renault R8 Gordini are both more popular than the Suzuki Escudo, which has now been missing for more than 4 months despite being featured in the GTWS, an online time trial based on the GTWS, and now featured in the 25th Anniversary video.
Perhaps the drought of the Escudo is why it didn't have high wishlist numbers? Though I do kind of doubt how accurate PD's accounting of this feature is given the R8 Gordini is included, one of the cheapest cars in the game. Anyone wanting it could run one of the short races with a crappy pay-out and pick it up in 10-15min even if they had zero credits, so it seems like an odd car to have so many people adding to a wish list. You could buy 25 of them after 30-32min at Sarthe, so... lol

True. Even if they aren't currently for sale it would be nice to have a drop-down menu or something of the sort, within the LCD/UCD, where we can wishlist any car in those dealers. Now that we know they look at this data it seems like it could serve a true function other than adding a reminder icon when it reappears.

Perhaps the drought of the Escudo is why it didn't have high wishlist numbers? Though I do kind of doubt how accurate PD's accounting of this feature is given the R8 Gordini is included, one of the cheapest cars in the game. Anyone wanting it could run one of the short races with a crappy pay-out and pick it up in 10-15min even if they had zero credits, so it seems like an odd car to have so many people adding to a wish list. You could buy 25 of them after 30-32min at Sarthe, so... lol
The Gordini being wishlisted so much is probably because we have the ability to wishlist it in its Extra Menu. Meaning it can be wishlisted at any time, as opposed to only when it rolls around in the dealers.

The Gordini being wishlisted so much is probably because we have the ability to wishlist it in its Extra Menu. Meaning it can be wishlisted at any time, as opposed to only when it rolls around in the dealers.
Ah, very good point. I was not aware the Gordini was one of the Extra Menu collection cars so that would explain the high number of wishlist additions. The rest of them make sense as being Extra Menu or engine-swap cars & the MP4/4 makes perfect sense given its high price and relatively recent addition to the game. So yeah, it's probably not some grande scheme to get players to blow all their credits on dozens of Gordini's, lol

Back