Why are the resolutions so high?

SuperShouden

(Banned)
SuperShouden
All the stickers and liveries are such high resolution they look like crap close up. Far away, it looks fine, but then, the car will be sitting on the track in the "pre-race" thing and all you see is fuzzy crap. WTF? It's that hard to fix that? but isn't FM4 the only Forza game to have that problem. Maybe it's that the car that just sits there, is actually more like the Autovista models and ultra-high resolution, so everything looks like crap. And the in-game car is lower resolution.

For FM5, they MUST fix the crappy custom liveries on the "hero" cars.

The vinyls aren't high resolution. Hopefully they change them to png files so they scale well, like how they went from JPEG to PNG for photo uploads.

I'm guessing you have a CRT? Non-HD TVs like mine are really struggling with these new games (unintelligible tiny text etc), thank **** GT5 has a zoom-in feature. Apart from in photo mode where I cannot make out the camera settings. Massive difference!!

The first time I played FM4 in HD... *looks down* "Whoa! Down boy!" :D

But one thing about these new TVs - their thin timbre won't beat the sound quality and bass response of a massive CRT >;D

When in the livery editor, and I think when viewing the car in the menu or home space, it has the detailed livery made up of up to several thousand individual shapes, all at their full resolution. Liveries are converted to a texture to apply to the car for a race. They are no longer thousands of shapes, each in sharp detail, but now instead a lower-resolution texture map, which is why they look more blocky and tiny details are lost.

OP, FYI they don't look like crap. But a little low res, that's all. Nothing to cry about, or game breaking by any means. Graphically, the game is gold!

It isn't so noticeable.. and only on some liveries. Never during a race replay or while racing, you'll notice it. Unless you stop and nit pick.

YOU high bro?

Latest Posts

Back