Why are there no offline races with realistic settings

• Thread starter Wide Boy
  • 5 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
I am confused sure it says on the box ''The real driving simulator" yet there is not one offline race with things like tyre wear & slipstream available in the entire game.

My question therefore is will this be addressed at some point especially considering its printed on the game cover.

Best question ever! I'm with you 100% on this!

Imagine if Pro Evo or FIFA released a football game with incredibly detailed players & stadiums, but never simulated an actual game of football (instead opting for bizzare fantasy play). The fans of those games wouldn't like that one bit, but that's exactly what us motorsport fans have had to put up with forever with the GT series.

VBR
Best question ever! I'm with you 100% on this!

Imagine if Pro Evo or FIFA released a football game with incredibly detailed players & stadiums, but never simulated an actual game of football (instead opting for bizzare fantasy play). The fans of those games wouldn't like that one bit, but that's exactly what us motorsport fans have had to put up with forever with the GT series.

Exactly! Where the other team starts 5 goals in front and you keep getting fouled by their incompetent players so stopping you from goaling :-( Yep, that would be a great game to play.... Not!

Voting for this in the (probably futile) hope that Kaz/PD/Sony/Whohaveyou eventually either answer some serious questions, or paint themselves into a corner, and thus out-of-the-market for serious driving/racing enthusiasts. 👍

I am confused sure it says on the box ''The real driving simulator" yet there is not one offline race with things like tyre wear & slipstream available in the entire game.
Things like mechanical damage, standing starts, balanced grids, flags & penalties are unavailable in offline races as well.
I understand those things being off by default to cater to beginners but there should be an option to enable all those options in all game modes.

This is why I want five levels of play. That way, we can work up to the top levels in steps. But, those who are already much better will be able to start out at the top.

The best of both worlds.

Back