Why Are The Option Settings In Gran Turismo So Limited?

• Thread starter VBR
  • 37 comments

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
Dear Kazunori Yamauchi San,

why do you not provide us with more options so that we can customize various aspects of Gran Turismo to our own liking, & is giving us access to more common sense options something you would consider doing in the future?

Specific details regarding the kind of options I am referring to are to be found here.

Yours sincerely,

VBR.

Last edited:
VBR
Dear Kazunori Yamauchi San,

why do you not provide us with more options so that we can customize our Gran Turismo experience to our own liking, & is giving us access to more advanced options something you would consider doing in the future?

Yours sincerely,

VBR.

PS: More details are to be found here.

Unfortunately he already answer to this question and said " because it will be too much liberty for the customer " can you image he said that !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Unfortunately he already answer to this question and said " because it will be too much liberty for the player " can you image he said that !!!!!!!!

Where was that reported? Link please.

Last edited:
VBR
If you follow the link in the PS in the OP, you'll see that the options I'm referring to are not just limited to career mode. I voted for your suggestion all the same. 👍

Thank you for your vote in my section, much appreciated.

I read all of that section in the link. Between us, that's everything covered in gameplay...

Unfortunately he already answer to this question and said " because it will be too much liberty for the customer " can you image he said that !!!!!!!!
Please provide a link to where this was officially stated.

More rumours are not necessary at this point

I thinK @VBR should clarify some specifics such as FOV otherwise Kaz may alsothink its about livery

This thread is not about livery. I did clarify some specific things by providing a link to them in the OP. If Kazunori San chooses to follow it, I'm sure he'll understand.

👍

Last edited:
VBR
This thread is not about livery. I did clarify some specific things by providing a ling to them in the PS in the OP. If Kazunori San chooses to follow it he'll understand.

👍

VBR if I were you I'd just copy the entire original post in your GT6 feedback section post and paste it into the original one here to avoid any potential misunderstandings and maybe get a few more likes.

VBR if I were you I'd just copy the entire original post in your GT6 feedback section post and paste it into the original one here to avoid any potential misunderstandings and maybe get a few more likes.

That would break the rules of this forum as Jordan has asked us to post only 1 question per thread (see here), & my other thread has many different questions regarding many different options. That's why I just posted a link to it instead. However, I have now moved it from a discrete "PS" to the main body of the message.

Thanks for your input. 👍

EDIT: Changed the title as well to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
Don't link to another thread. Take your concerns from that thread and put them in this one in a way that's concise and easily skimmed over. I'd say that you gives a better chance at people upvoting this topic, thus a better chance of Kaz seeing this thread.

Don't link to another thread. Take your concerns from that thread and put them in this one in a way that's concise and easily skimmed over. I'd say that you gives a better chance at people upvoting this topic, thus a better chance of Kaz seeing this thread.

Already covered, read post 13.

👍

You only need to look at the diversity of questions asked in this forum to see the case for options, & more than just those suggested.
What's important to one person can be of little interest to another.
More so because this game tries to do many things.
After all to name but a few players there are the
Sunday Racers
GT Academy wanabees
Photographers
Car Collectors
Tuners
These & everyone in-between have to be catered for to maximise the games potential & PDs reason for being, at least in Sony's eyes.... PROFIT

I have wanted more options in GT since I found some neat additions to GT2. There are SOOO many possibilities, it's amazing that they aren't added in!

I once created an ultimate wish list. Here is the link. I am sure more complete (as well as far more recent) ones have been put together, but this is a quite thorough addition to all that is listed in the OP:

http://community.us.playstation.com...neral/ultimate-wish-list/m-p/40289347#M631411

Warning, it's almost 10 pages long. But, Enjoy!

As much as i love GT, it does feel as though it is being dumbed down too much, with no option to 'undumb' it for us players who've played and completed every single GT game.

So i do agree with a lot of points on that topic in the link. :( Please Kaz, experienced GT players aren't finding much challenge in GT6.

Anyone noticed this:
Engine brake reduction control on formula cars disabled
We have disabled the engine brake reduction control that was active on certain formula cars. (This is a feature that helps you avoid spinning out from excessive braking forces generated by the engine while the throttle is in the off position. This was accomplished by slightly opening the throttle while cornering even with no input to the accelerator.)

I wonder is there more such things that ''protect'' us from spinning out,and why we need such things when there is Active steering to prevent us from spinning out?
And why there is no Option to turn all undocumented help OFF?

Back