Why are you penalised for driving auto online???

• Thread starter xboxracer
  • 3 comments
Why is it so hard to win online, driving an auto???

Every race, it is impossible to keep with the front runners & am consistently struggling not to come in dead last. :(

I do not have the room & cannot afford a wheel, so have to use a controller, but, a disability means that I am unable to configure the buttons to easily & comfortably use manual gears, so am stuck with auto (I have to drive an auto car in real life, due to this disability). :(

I have just started on the tuning side of things & while I can change the gear ratios, there is no option that I can see to change the shift points on the auto gearbox, so when I need to take a 2nd gear corner, I have to brake way earlier than everyone else to get down to 2nd, which inevitably means I get hit from behind & then voted out of the room, becasue they think I`m intentionally causing a pile up, which I`m not, I just need to brake there to get to the right gear for the corner. :(

Am I missing something in the gearbox settings, or should I just give up with online altogether, seeing as I`ll never be able to compete driving an auto?

when I need to take a 2nd gear corner, I have to brake way earlier than everyone else to get down to 2nd

Answered part of your own question really. Also, I'm no expert, but when driving an AT i felt as if it was shifting to early, therefore losing some time compared to MT. Thats just my opinion though.

Install Race transmission if you want to tune each gear independantly

Have a go at Manual, keep at it and you'll get used to it. Soon enough you'll start to love it.

I don't think it's possible to keep up when you're using auto transmission, last time I tested it I was almost 3 seconds slower a lap than when I used manual + clutch at Laguna Seca mainly because it shifts at the wrong point and will give you the wrong gears for most corners but also because using manual + clutch your speed won't drop much during shifts but with auto you will lose 1 or 2 mph every time you shift.

Up until GT5 released I had never used manual gears but when I got the game I forced myself to use it and got used to it after 3 or 4 days, one of the hardest things was actually finding a comfortable configuration.

Does Forza allow you to change each button individually or is it preset configurations? The last time I checked was when I first started the game.

Latest Posts

Back