Why buy cars?

• Thread starter Sir_Flynn
  • 5 comments
England
Bedfordshire
Sir_Flynn
I played a bit of the demo last week, did a few races in sport mode. I was able to choose any car in the group I was racing in. If I can use any car then what is the point of buying them? The only reason I can think of is that I can paint cars I own. Am I missing something?

I played a bit of the demo last week, did a few races in sport mode. I was able to choose any car in the group I was racing in. If I can use any car then what is the point of buying them? The only reason I can think of is that I can paint cars I own. Am I missing something?
You can choose not to, but if you play in custom lobbies you do not have access to all the cars I don't believe, just a sample of cars to choose from. Also this isn't going to be the same breadth of the game over time, it's going to include more cars from past and present and future as time allows. So it's up to the individual whether or not they want to buy the cars or not.

Maybe that was just for the demo, I don't know if you can still pick from all cars in the full game.

But still, if you get a free car every day from the daily workout, then that somewhat brings me back to your question as well. :)

Some of the sport mode entries in the demo were limited to cars you own. Some of the (Gr.B) campaign events were too. Still, it's nice to have a personal garage :)

Could not have said it better myself. Until the full game is released, tomorrow, this is the best answer to the question. No ones garage will be like it used in GT5, 6, Or previous versions of GT but, let's be positive about where this version of GT will take us.

This is pretty clever. Most real race drivers don't own the race car they drive. However, I can be like a team owner and buy a car to race.

Back