Why can't GT have grid starts and Qualifying?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thomas2012
  • 9 comments
  • 2,731 views
Messages
2,010
Australia
Melbourne
Messages
MJTbreww
Messages
GTP MJTbreww
I don't really think that it is fair to start 30 seconds behind somebody just because it is a rolling start, GT6 can have grid starts so why not use it? Also why not have qualifying? It worked out well in GT3 but I do understand the AI would be posting painfully slow laps.
 
Last edited:
I don't know, maybe it's because if we had it, we would overtake everyone in the first corner.
 
I find it weird that there are only rolling starts offline, and only grid starts online.
 
I don't know, maybe it's because if we had it, we would overtake everyone in the first corner.

But it's our choice what car we use so then we can pick a car that won't just fly off the line
 
But it's our choice what car we use so then we can pick a car that won't just fly off the line

yeah, but, even if we choose a slower car, it's very likely that we would overtake almost everyone in the first corner, the AI just breaks too early.

it's just sad, I love grid starts, but in GT6 with the rolling starts, even with slower cars, there were some races I overtook everyone before the end of the first lap.
 
yeah, but, even if we choose a slower car, it's very likely that we would overtake almost everyone in the first corner, the AI just breaks too early.

it's just sad, I love grid starts, but in GT6 with the rolling starts, even with slower cars, there were some races I overtook everyone before the end of the first lap.

True you make a very good point. Maybe if there was either an option for which start you would like or just certain events have rolling starts
 
It started in GT5P as overtake challenges,then in an update to GT5 the changed all the races to overtake challenges. So we beg for qualifying and grid starts to come back,and what do we get? No qualifying and all overtake challenges in GT6. I know the AI is weak,but come on step it up PD.
 
Why can't GT have grid starts?



Possible reasons:


1) The AI are so bad going into turn 1 that PD try to hide the fact by forcing grid starts on most races. But if that's the case, why do we get them for the kart & red Bull races?

2) The frame rate is so poor with all those cars close together on track at the start. Kind of true, but they still let us have grid starts online, so why not offline too?

3) Kaz was so impressed with rolling starts when he raced on The Ring in real life that he thought we all needed to experience this, & decided to force them on everyone. That is utterly ridiculous, but seems to be the only real reason I can think of. After all, much of what PD does is utterly ridiculous anyway (SRF forced on etc).


:(
 
I don't know, maybe it's because if we had it, we would overtake everyone in the first corner.
PD needs to work on the AI, include the option to adjust AI difficulty so that AI pace is somewhat close to player's pace (something that other racing games have had for years) & set all AI opponents to use competitive cars. Generally there's 1-2 AI cars that are faster than every other car on the grid, and even those faster cars are generally considerably below the PP limit.
If PD fixes those things and implement standing starts then we could have decent races against AI.
 
Back