Why can't GT League have the same music as the main menu??

Kids these days...respect the classics man :P

Back in those days we only had one music for every menu screen. So these pieces become so embedded in our minds with nostalgia. Unlike game music nowadays where it's mostly licensed trash. Don't like it? You can turn it off or mute the TV until you're past the menu.

It's dreadful. I don't care for it at all. The whole sound track in this game is dreadful, not one decent tune. When I think back to GT4 ; Queens Of The Stone Age, Eagles Of Death Metal, Spiderbait, Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, Jet, The Hives, Feeder, Snow Patrol, Judas Priest, Papa Roach, Apollo 440, Jeff Beck, Van Halen, Jimmy Eat world, Franz Ferdinand, Joe Satriani and probably many other well known artists I've forgotten.
From GT5 onwards the music has gradually got worse. In fact in every title I always muted menu music using the in-ame volume controls and for 5 and 6 used my own playlist. Thank God for the ability to use Spotify in Sport otherwise it would be just sound effects for me!

It's dreadful. I don't care for it at all. The whole sound track in this game is dreadful, not one decent tune. When I think back to GT4 ; Queens Of The Stone Age, Eagles Of Death Metal, Spiderbait, Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, Jet, The Hives, Feeder, Snow Patrol, Judas Priest, Papa Roach, Apollo 440, Jeff Beck, Van Halen, Jimmy Eat world, Franz Ferdinand, Joe Satriani and probably many other well known artists I've forgotten.
From GT5 onwards the music has gradually got worse. In fact in every title I always muted menu music using the in-ame volume controls and for 5 and 6 used my own playlist. Thank God for the ability to use Spotify in Sport otherwise it would be just sound effects for me!
I still associate Feeder with that classic GT intro video. Happy days.

In Sport, I normally have music off when I'm racing, but I do love the weird French jazz while I'm working on a livery!

That's a matter of taste, it seems you're rooted on indie rock, heavy etc. For me it seems music selection in GT Sport has been made for me. I've already known some tracks before they appeared in the game.

The selection of main menu is based on the lounge/jazzy flavours. With some House music tracks, break beat, disco, electro etc.. If you're not into this kind of electronic music you're not gonna like it.

So saying the music is now worst because it does not fit your criteria is a bit pretentious. Also it seems Kazunory is fan of House music at least so I think the selection is very rooted on his own taste:

Last edited:
:lol:
That's a matter of taste, it seems you're rooted in indie rock, heavy etc. For me it seems music selection in GT is made for me. I've already known some tracks before it appeared in the game.

The selection of main menu is based on the lounge/jazzy flavours. With some House music tracks, break beat, disco, electro etc.. If you're not into this kind of electronic music you're not gonna like it.

So saying the music is now worst because it does not fit your criteria is a bit pretentious. Also it seems Kazunory is fan of House music at least so I think the selection is very rooted in his own taste:

Music is and always will be highly subjective. Personally I love the nostalgic music in GT League, and the menu music I find delightful. However I never have background music during race in any racing game as I prefer to just listen to the sounds of the race itself.

Then there is always the option of running Spotify in the background for those who don't like PD's choice of music :)

I used to like the music in East and west city in gt2 should bring that back too

Back in those days we only had one music for every menu screen. So these pieces become so embedded in our minds with nostalgia. Unlike game music nowadays where it's mostly licensed trash. Don't like it? You can turn it off or mute the TV until you're past the menu.

To rebuttal your post,

This is 2018 and I don't think living in the past will lead us anywhere. If you still want nostalgia, go play the game from 1999 in your PS1.
I never owned a PS1 so I never played GT1 & 2. GT4 was actually my first GT so that's probably why I can't feel the nostalgia.

it's whatever tho. I love this game very much and honestly this may be one of my only complaints haha

That ain't always the case. That depends on what your are playing. Yes most licensed music has gotten bad such as fifa games but there are some amazing 'scores' that accompany games. Personally I enjoyed game the soundtrack from mafia 3 which had a 60's soundtrack but hated the gameplay

I get the nostalgia, but it's not entirely accurate. If PD replicate the GT mode structure and event cards of GT3, you'd think that PD would use the GT Mode music from GT3, not the GT2 Arcade menu music.

Last edited:
Feels like people just complain for the sake of complaining here...Why don't you just turn it off and start your Spotify Playlist then?

I leave the menu music on as it doesn't bother me at all, I turned off music while racing as its quite distracting for me.

Feels like people just complain for the sake of complaining here...Why don't you just turn it off and start your Spotify Playlist then?

I leave the menu music on as it doesn't bother me at all, I turned off music while racing as its quite distracting for me.

That or put your music on a usb or hard drive under MUSIC like I do

Menu music is for the most part fantastic in my opinion. But yeah, Spotify is always great to have when playing these kinds of games.

I get the nostalgia, but it's not entirely accurate. If you replicate the GT mode structure, and event cards of GT3, you'd think that PD would use the GT Mode music from GT3, not the GT2 Arcade menu music.

True dat

Ahhh Gran Turismo and music, such history there. Weather its the dealerships in GT1 or the racing music for GT4, there are nostalgic moments everywhere. Personally its evolved gracefully over the years and we end up where we are now with GT Sport, 90% of the menu music Im pretty chill with, but since GT5 ive turned the music off while racing because it just feels more realistic to me.

I fregin love what they did with GT League, its for the old school fans more than anything, has that old Gran Turismo vibe for a bit.

Hi everyone, a bit of digging here, but I am currently playing back GT Sport after an intense but short period at the end of 2018 (not early then neither).

I agree 100% with OP who wrote the thread. His question was not "do you like GT Sport soundtrack?" but, as I rephrase it : "why GT League has its own one and only music ?" While all other modes and menus have the general soundtrack playing along while you browse menus and modes.

With time it becomes really obnoxious while you have plenty of lounge/jazzy music which I am not found of every ones.

I don't comprehend this choice and I see no other option than turning off all music to avoid the one in GT League (or stop playing GT League).

Thanks, I had to express my frustration with that darn GT League music from hell 😤

Only one annoying rallye race left and I am done with the worst part of amateur league 😅

Proof that you can't please everyone. I like most of the songs in sport.

PD love to jam in old bits of music or features for nostalgia even if it doesn't fit at all

They really half baked GT League in GT sport, jarringly obvious they tacked it on when the online game wasn't generating the sales they hoped

Last edited:
Back