Why can't this svg be "bended" ?

Netherlands
The Dutch flatlands
Hey guys,

I am trying to bend the dhl logo so it wil flow nicely on the hood, like on the real car.
But I just can't get it to curve :grumpy:. Am I missing a control option in the livery editor, or is it just not possible because of the way the svg was created:confused:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/nl/gtsport/user/my-library/decal/decal/1350970/5125757197687488528

wtcr-tom-coronel-announcement-2018-tom-coronel-honda-civic.jpg

You shall play with the "align to camera" settings, and then find an angle of the car where the logo seems flat. Then use the logo, and when you'll change the view angle, it will look "bended". My instinct says you have to select a "low" view, but the hood of the Civic might not have the right shape.
The only other option is to draw the DHL with the curve. With your image above, some will be able to do that in the SVG request thread.

You shall play with the "align to camera" settings, and then find an angle of the car where the logo seems flat. Then use the logo, and when you'll change the view angle, it will look "bended". My instinct says you have to select a "low" view, but the hood of the Civic might not have the right shape.
The only other option is to draw the DHL with the curve. With your image above, some will be able to do that in the SVG request thread.

Thanks Cytoria, will try that with the view, if I can't get it to work, indeed I could fill in another request

@Cytoria , worked !! Thanks !

Last edited:
Yeah, it's worth mentioning that curving or bending a decal simply isn't possible as an option in the livery editor. Resize, Rotate and Skew are the options, Bending isn't. Cytoria's work around does the job, but can also give a perspective effect that might look odd. I get it on the Rear wing of the BMW VGT all the time.

You shall play with the "align to camera" settings
YES Sir !

@MatskiMonk , ok, good to know that, learned allready 2 things today by asking this question 👍

If you have the svg file post it up, I can try bending it
Its the link in the OP, I am curious though how that will turn out.

Did it the way Cytoria suggested, tbh, I think it looks quite smart

4755818882594243588_0.jpg

YES Sir !

@MatskiMonk , ok, good to know that, learned allready 2 things today by asking this question 👍

Its the link in the OP, I am curious though how that will turn out.

Did it the way Cytoria suggested, tbh, I think it looks quite smart

4755818882594243588_0.jpg

Yes it works :)
Seeing your model above and the pic you did, you should do the same with the "TRICORP" logo.

Yes it works :)
Seeing your model above and the pic you did, you should do the same with the "TRICORP" logo.

That is what the pic also made clear to me :odd:, it just looks curved the wrong way around.

So, third thing learned today :lol:

Back