Why can't we look around at the interiors in any mode?

• Thread starter scodubs
  • 16 comments
United States
San Francisco, California
It honestly really bugs me. They spent all this time creating these amazing cars but i can't look everywhere? What? Come on y'all.

I kept thinking they were gonna add something in an update but no... Don't get me wrong, I love this game. The free content has been amazing but just give me a view option is all I ask. Even just in scapes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but it seems it could be easily done with a controller.. But maybe that's something only VR can handle. Jk

Seriously though, if you could play sport mode in VR I would buy it yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
agreed. I had a play with the VR at Le Mans last year as Toyota had a full cockpit rig set up with GT Sport - it was awesome. But then totally diluted just racing against AI.

Yeah, but it seems it could be easily done with a controller.. But maybe that's something only VR can handle. Jk

Seriously though, if you could play sport mode in VR I would buy it yesterday.
Are we unable to use VR in sport mode? I didn’t know that...

So.... a question about VR if this doesnt derail the thread.... My eyes are borked to the degree that gaming is getting frustrating now, not being able to see things clearly enough. Sitting closer to the tv works fine, but is very impractical. Have been thinking getting a headset may help, essentially being a screen an inch in front of your face, sounds like a great idea right?

So in relation to GTS, is ANY use of the headset considered to be VR, or can it still function just as a screen that you wear, but without the VR functionality, and allow you to play the full game? I wouldnt want to spend a bunch of money to find i cant use it for anything except these handful of (boring) events.

So.... a question about VR if this doesnt derail the thread.... My eyes are borked to the degree that gaming is getting frustrating now, not being able to see things clearly enough. Sitting closer to the tv works fine, but is very impractical. Have been thinking getting a headset may help, essentially being a screen an inch in front of your face, sounds like a great idea right?

So in relation to GTS, is ANY use of the headset considered to be VR, or can it still function just as a screen that you wear, but without the VR functionality, and allow you to play the full game? I wouldnt want to spend a bunch of money to find i cant use it for anything except these handful of (boring) events.

You can use it like a normal TV, and you are able to change the size of the screen. For example, if you set it to the largest screen it’s like you are sitting in a cinema and the screen is fixed so you need to move your head around, if it’s the smallest it’s like looking at a monitor and the screen moves with your head.

You’re short-sighted? Because you will still need to wear glasses to see properly. It’s not like having the screen close to your eyes makes everything clear, the same way your vision will be blurry even if you are looking behind you into the distance via a mirror that’s in clear sight distance to your eyes.

Oh wow. That is disappointing...

Yeah, it kinda is. I guess for hotlappers it's still a viable feature.

Definitely a hardware limitation. Don't have VR myself, but have borrowed it from a friend to try it with GTS, and it's a pretty cool experience. However, I will wait until next gen as I believe that VR will be further developed and higher res :)

You can use it like a normal TV, and you are able to change the size of the screen. For example, if you set it to the largest screen it’s like you are sitting in a cinema and the screen is fixed so you need to move your head around, if it’s the smallest it’s like looking at a monitor and the screen moves with your head.

You’re short-sighted? Because you will still need to wear glasses to see properly. It’s not like having the screen close to your eyes makes everything clear, the same way your vision will be blurry even if you are looking behind you into the distance via a mirror that’s in clear sight distance to your eyes.

Thanks for the info, thats helpful. I may try and find out if any local game stores are still doing test sessions with VR headsets, i know they were when it was first launched, will take it from there. Thanks again.

Thanks for the info, thats helpful. I may try and find out if any local game stores are still doing test sessions with VR headsets, i know they were when it was first launched, will take it from there. Thanks again.

Glasses fit fine with PSVR. I need glasses as well (short sighted) and without glasses I can get a slightly bigger fov in the headset (since you can push the screen closer to your eyes) however everything is blurry since the lenses correct the close screen to appear in the distance. VR headset with adjustable focus lenses would be awesome.

Back