Why cant you restart a race during a champion ship?

Messages
1,713
Messages
tigersharkdude
Why cant you restart a race during a champion ship? Seriously its stupid. I had first place on the first 4 races of the all star championship, with the puegot(?) 905 finishing second each time. Well on the last race I got pit maneuvered on the 4th lap, by the most retarded AI ever. Needless to say I really needed to restart that race.....FAIL!!

Anybody have any idea on why that feature isnt on GT5? But is on GT3 and GT4
 
No idea why it isn't a feature. Either way, though, just get enough points with whatever happens to win the championship. After that you can go back and get all gold on the races individually. I've had to do that a couple of times.

If you're coming second in the races before anyway, then you'd need to go back and complete all of them and you may not win the championship. Might as well spend your time getting a good enough car for the championship rather than relying on 2nd in the final race to win, imo.
 
I had first each race, and got pit maneuvered and came in last. I use the Mazda Furai, I can keep first place easily thats not the problem. Its the rAtarded AI
 
It's probably because PD wanted to make the championship series more realistic.

I'm sure even Schumacher would've wanted a restart feature in his F1 cars.
 
^ I am with you on this one, the championship is all about the points so if you mess up in one race and win the rest you will still win with total points. After you are done you can go back and race the single race again for the gold trophy.

If you were able to restart after you messed up in the championship series then how would you become better and make less mistakes (if you made a mistake). The game would also be completed a lot faster. I am not saying that you are only playing the game to finish it and move on.

I do agree with you on the AI doing a lot of bump (Slam) and run techniques. You will notice this more in the Nascar event, even if you hold your line. The AI loves to get a nose under your back end and push to spin you out. At 200 mph on Daytona there is no recovering in 10 laps to get back up front.
 
Back