Why daily races are alarming

• Thread starter 1thing
  • 15 comments
Mexico
Mexico
1/2 daily races have dragon trail (for me it is worse because in my opinion it is the worst circuit.)
1/2 daily races have sardgena.

There are circuits that could at least be in the daily race A for example bb raceway or goodwood that knowing PD will not have a new race at least this year.

No reason Daily A shouldn't be crossgen with daily (or even more) rotations instead of a weekly "casual" race, which it fails miserably at. I don't think anyone is interested in doing a casual race at the same combination for an entire week.

Would also fix problems like this where if you don't like a combo, you're just pretty much out of an online game unless you dig through lobbies to find a functional one. I swear GT7 is the only racing game post like, 2015, that doesn't have an easy to access "Quick Race" option for infinite online variety. It sorely needs it.

Multiplayer matchmaking should be like THIS.
Divided by car classes and with track rotation once players are in a lobby. Rotation with all or most tracks from the game.
Not a selection of 3 races that only change once a week. This is absurd. I thought they would add a HUGE amount of races in GT7, after the limited Sport mode in GT Sport. But no, it's exactly the same. Stuck with a very limited choice of cars (not even tuned setups in Race B like we had in march) and stuck for one week with one track per race.
PD don't understand how an interesting and fun multiplayer should be.

• Over 400 cars. How many are used in Sport mode? --> About 20. That's average number. People always choose the fastest 4 or 5, looking at the lap times in the leaderboards. Nobody would want to choose a car that is way slower than the others. Anyway it's either a small selection of hatchbacks, or Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars
  • Over 32 track locations. How many are used each week? --> 3, and mostly made by PD. At this rate we can't feel that all tracks in the game are available and playable with a good amount of opponents. For example I missed the week Watkins Glen was added and I still have to see the track in Sport mode)

In other words, no fun allowed. Not like in FM:

F5EPWor.jpg

5a3e99918192d400018c7d12_99F26406326B3741D9F7BE076DFBA73B.jpg

5a3dbc73f6b9a40001bc0139_4531933ECB5DFB5CE40CF87B166C1374.jpg

Last edited:
1/2 daily races have dragon trail (for me it is worse because in my opinion it is the worst circuit.)

There are circuits that could at least be in the daily race A for example bb raceway or goodwood that knowing PD will not have a new race at least this year.
Whilst I agree that we do need a change to Dailies and variety half the races have not been Dragon Trail and the other half Sardenga.
I'd say that Maggiore has had the most races in 7 (split across the differing layouts).

In other words, no fun allowed. Not like in FM:
I don't think it's at all clear that the Forza way of doing it is better, or more popular with players. The disadvantage of it is that it requires a huge time investment to get meta cars and tunes for every track, and to learn to drive every track well with its meta car. There was a time when I mainly played FH4, and the player count in ranked racing was very low, with large differences in rating between players in the same lobby. The racing was also very poor as most people aren't good at driving a random track without specifically practicing it, so you'd have collisions just from people not hitting the right braking points. The GTS/GT7 style where there is no tuning and you can practice a specific track before racing it is much more accessible and likely to have people at least able to reasonably accurately drive around the track.

I don't think it's at all clear that the Forza way of doing it is better, or more popular with players.
The Class hoppers (especially A and S) are always full. At least 11-12 players in each one of them. I don't know right now because my XB1 is broken and a few years have passed since FM7 launched, but for the first 2 it was the case.
The disadvantage of it is that it requires a huge time investment to get meta cars and tunes for every track, and to learn to drive every track well with its meta car.
I've always found this a fun thing to do. Since FM3. Over the years I found some of the best tuners there could be. (one I remember particularly was Juular GT or something like that. So I would always get his tunes)
There was a time when I mainly played FH4, and the player count in ranked racing was very low, with large differences in rating between players in the same lobby. The racing was also very poor as most people aren't good at driving a random track without specifically practicing it, so you'd have collisions just from people not hitting the right braking points.
You're talking about Forza Horizon. I'm strictly talking about Forza Motorsport (more sim, some more serious players)
Anyway, on one hand I also thought it was infuriating to have players like that, on the other hand I understood that it was part of the thrill. And about intentional crashers.... it was fun to see them fail sometimes, save replays and have them banned by Turn 10, see marshals connect to your lobby and kick out the problematic players (either noobs crashing and not apologizing, or intentional crashers). Then after a year or two penalties and ghosted lapped cars were added to FM7, and everybody started driving more carefully.
The GTS/GT7 style where there is no tuning and you can practice a specific track before racing it is much more accessible and likely to have people at least able to reasonably accurately drive around the track.
There should be at least a choice, different races with either BoP or tuning setups allowed.
And again, proper penalties make a huge difference.

Last edited:
The Class hoppers (especially A and S) are always full. At least 11-12 players in each one of them.
That doesn't mean it's popular, popular would be those 11-12 players being very close together in rating. I don't think FM7 even has ratings for drivers in the mode you're talking about? I did play quite a bit of FM7, but not much online racing. FH4 had a proper ranked rating system similar to GTS/GT7.

That doesn't mean it's popular, popular would be those 11-12 players being very close together in rating. I don't think FM7 even has ratings for drivers in the mode you're talking about? I did play quite a bit of FM7, but not much online racing. FH4 had a proper ranked rating system similar to GTS/GT7.
The rating system works to an extent. If the penalty system sucks it doesn't help much. I always find bad players in GT7 that are ranked A for example. They know how to exploit the bad penalty system so that they don't get penalties for pushing others.
Again, FM7 may not have a rating system, but at least it has a penalty system that certainly works better than GTS/GT7's and it balances the lack of ratings.

We're a bit off topic now...

Last edited:

This week Race A is with karts, last week was a mess of crashes and penalties with "Ralicross", and your problem is with Sardegna and Dragon Trails on the other two races?

This week Race A is with karts, last week was a mess of crashes and penalties with "Ralicross", and your problem is with Sardegna and Dragon Trails on the other two races?
Race A is fine how it is. I would much rather it be fun things like Karts or Rallycross instead of them just giving us a road car now that it doesn't count for anything, because nobody races it then.

I would still much prefer that I can race a road car in a race where it does actually count to my SR/DR though. But I digress.

Just do it like iRacing and add specific series. Gr.4 to Gr.1 series seem like the obvious ones, and you can then add Super Formula, karts, street cars, etc. Playerbase would undoubtedly be more dilluted across these events so you'd probably have to change it so they run every hour like in iRacing, but at least you could consistently have races you wanna take part on.

Just do it like iRacing and add specific series. Gr.4 to Gr.1 series seem like the obvious ones, and you can then add Super Formula, karts, street cars, etc. Playerbase would undoubtedly be more dilluted across these events so you'd probably have to change it so they run every hour like in iRacing, but at least you could consistently have races you wanna take part on.
iRacing, with all it's plus, has this structure to make you buy more cars and tracks.
If you don't buy DLC you would have a very limited offer of races.

I really like the setup as is really. I will agree that a whole week of the same races is a bit too long. I also think have 5 to choose from would be much better

iRacing, with all it's plus, has this structure to make you buy more cars and tracks.
If you don't buy DLC you would have a very limited offer of races.
I don't see how that's related to my suggestion at all but even the basic subscription gives you full access to like 7 series, so more than GT7's 3 weekly ones at the very least.

Back