Why did custom one-make races got removed?

• Thread starter FS7
  • 4 comments

FS7

Brazil
Brazil
Why did custom one-make races got removed?

In GT5 in practice mode there was the option to run a custom one-make race with any car I want, at any track I want including DLC & course maker tracks. Races had standing starts as well as the option to enable mechanical damage & fuel/tire wear.
Although there was no option to adjust AI difficulty and make AI cars drive faster that's the closest thing one could get to a proper race offline, and it's way better than the catch-up races with unbalanced grids the we have in career and arcade races in GT6.
I'd like to know why custom one-make races got removed in GT6 and if PD has plans to put them back in GT6 in a future update.

Thank you for posting this. One make races were my favorite feature in GT5. Being able to do one make races in the snow and ice or on wet and dry tracks made this a hidden gem within the game -- even 'plain' cars became special in their own way.

For as much as it was a ROYAL pain in GT2, I enjoyed the challenge, and was glad to have the option in 5.

With the Red Bull races PROVING that 16-car standing starts are poss.. ahhh **** it.

:grumpy:

One make races were my favorite feature in GT5. Being able to do one make races in the snow and ice or on wet and dry tracks made this a hidden gem within the game -- even 'plain' cars became special in their own way.
True. This is a feature PD should put back into the game.

Back