Why did I wait so long....

• Thread starter day7a1
  • 6 comments
United States
San Diego, CA
day7a1
Hello all. I first started playing GT 3 several years ago when I was layed up for knee surgery, but since I'm a computer gamer I never bothered getting a PS3, and the PS2 I was using was borrowed. I've been dreaming of GT ever since, but didn't want to go for broke on a PS3 and steering wheel.

Until this christmas.

Now I'm set up an good to go. Can't wait to get better and maybe run some live races against real people.

I do have a couple of questions, if you could indulge me or tell me to go post the Q's in another section. I have done some research, but for p'sakes there are a lot of posts here and the search isn't the best. Plus it's hard to find what you are looking for when the phrases are so generic.

1. I want to be able to see my laptimes at the end of a race, but don't want to watch an entire replay. How do I do this? I can't quite seem to catch the posted times before the finishing grid comes up, and the finishing grid doesn't post all my times. I guess I can do the replay and fast forward to the end, but then my last lap doesn't show, and that seems ridiculous anyways. The live time view is helpful, but more info than I need all the time.

2. What settings do people race on typically? I know there is some preference with driving aids and I've been trying no driving aids at all but I'm afraid I may be putting myself at a disadvantage during an actual online race, to the point where my PP does not match up with my car's actual ability compared to others. I know some races have certain restrictions, but those don't seem to be searchable. Should I use ABS1 just so I know how my cars handle with it for when I go online?

That's all I can think of for now, thanks everyone and see you out there!

-day7a1

Ooh a fellow PC Gamer. Welcome to :gtplanet: , @day7a1 !

My answers to your questions:

1) I'm not completely sure if there is a way to view laptimes after a race. I'm sure someone here will answer your question properly.

2) . Now I'm not an expert on tuning, etc. But there is a tuning section on the site (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/) or the dedicated tuning board to help you get started. This may not exactly answer your question, but I hope I pointed you in the right direction.
As of ABS, I normally run ABS1. However, some online races disable ABS, so I would recommend practicing with ABS0. But if you don't feel comfortable with 0, stay on 1.

Hope you enjoy the forums! :cheers:

Tuning understand fine, it's the driving aids that I want to practice with. I watched an online race that the people seemed to be using lots of aids, and there was just no way I could keep up with that kind of late braking, full throttle corner that they obviously were doing with a FR classic car. Unfortunately I couldn't seem to filter out the races that allowed it vs. the ones that didn't. The difference between ABS0 and 1 is pretty drastic on some cars and tracks, I forgot that the default was on and I hit 4 seconds faster on Mission B5...sucked b/c I thought I just got a lot better...turned it off and it was hard again!

The flip side is that my track memorization is good enough that if I practice with ABS0 then race w/ ABS1, I'm braking way too early and it throws my timing off. Maybe I just need to practice with both.

I'm glad you were able to understand my first question...wasn't sure if I worded it clearly at all!

I think ABS is definitely a timely thing to learn, I haven't tried to learn it but I have drove cars without it.

Important thing is to be persistent, oh and stay away from quick matches on GT6. They are awful

Noted...but what about them makes them awful...and what matches should I start with do you think?

Noted...but what about them makes them awful...and what matches should I start with do you think?
The players mostly.

I'd say join a GT club, a racing series which takes your fancy really. There you know the quality is good.

Back