Why did you stop playing GT 7?

• Thread starter wheelhp
  • 112 comments
I used to play at least an hour a day during gt5. Then, many things happened in my personal life. Stopped playing gt5 halfway, skipped 6 completely and also played gt sport halfway. Back again on gt7 because i freed up myself from my daily activities, especially laundry, ironing, mopping floor. Even like now I am writing this, i am in between stuff. GT has always given me that child like moment, like being let loose in Toys R Us. But, growing up has definitely taken time away from gaming. I used to hang out at those car gatherings. Today, its mostly me and the computer or the ps5 in front of me.

Because it's boring now. Since they took away the easy money method(s) and seemingly hate any sort of way to make quick cash, the game became a grindfest again. I don't have patience for that, and would much rather spend my free time doing something I like for fun than something that feels forced.

Plus, the roulette ticket system seemingly has been changed slightly under the hood as I haven't gotten a 6 star since early last year. Getting a 3* everyday doesn't exactly motivate me to play. Lastly the weekly challenges are a joke. They're clearly recycling events, and the fact they always shove a WTC race with the stupid exaggerated tyre/fuel wear doesn't motivate me to finish them.

Last edited:
Because it's boring now. Since they took away the easy money method(s) and seemingly hate any sort of way to make quick cash, the game became a grindfest again.
I took all the money, now I only need 2 cars and have 10s of millions in the bank so... and given the rythm they are putting out new cars, there's no way I won't have enough money, even by winning the little amounts of credits they sparkle at us in the weeklies.

I took all the money, now I only need 2 cars and have 10s of millions in the bank so... and given the rythm they are putting out new cars, there's no way I won't have enough money, even by winning the little amounts of credits they sparkle at us in the weeklies.
I had close to 60 million by the time it ended, but we all know how easy cash goes in this game with the LCD unicorn prices. :(

I had close to 60 million by the time it ended, but we all know how easy cash goes in this game with the LCD unicorn prices. :(
I've won more than 100M, bought a lot of cars to sell if needed and bought all unicorns I could (and still have my stock of multi- million Cr. doubles just in case). It should be ok.

I didn't stop playing GT7 and I am not planning to do so in the near future...

But obtaining Art Of Rally at the last Steam sale definitly made me play GT7 much less than before in the last 2 weeks...

Actually I wasted a hell of a lot of money very fast by upgrading cars to be more fun.. It's like 400k to upgrade a car to the max.

Last edited:
why did I stop...
Well I really mostly used rb x2014 for hotlaps on most tracks...it just handles great ... all around best car in my opinnion ..
super gt cars are fun too... my second favourites..
basicly I did everything ( all golds ) ...
used some road cars..but I dont like them too much..
racing is ok..but we all know in 4th lap you are already 20 sec infront of 2 place...
game is great but...even if they give my top 10 favourite cars( speed 8, 99 bmw lms, peugeot 905b, ts010 etc...) and couple circuits that I love( silverstone, mugello )..I would get bored..
THRUTH IS .. BASICLY EVERY DRIVING GAME IS THE SAME ON MARKET...I WOULD SAY FOR CAR CHOISES CONTENT FORZA HAS BETTER ROOSTER AND CIRCUITS THAT I LOVE..but I would never buy console just for 1 game..so I am sticking with ps5

NEW GAMES COMPARED TO OLDER ONES..
DIRT RALLY 2017 - because of pikes peak track and my love loebs peugeot pp..I always return to that game..I still play it ... and game has basicly no additional content
gt7 - after 5 months I was already 😴

JUST MY OPINNION WHY I PLAY IT FROM TIME TO TIME

why did I stop...
Well I really mostly used rb x2014 for hotlaps on most tracks...it just handles great ... all around best car in my opinnion ..
super gt cars are fun too... my second favourites..
basicly I did everything ( all golds ) ...
used some road cars..but I dont like them too much..
racing is ok..but we all know in 4th lap you are already 20 sec infront of 2 place...
game is great but...even if they give my top 10 favourite cars( speed 8, 99 bmw lms, peugeot 905b, ts010 etc...) and couple circuits that I love( silverstone, mugello )..I would get bored..
THRUTH IS .. BASICLY EVERY DRIVING GAME IS THE SAME ON MARKET...I WOULD SAY FOR CAR CHOISES CONTENT FORZA HAS BETTER ROOSTER AND CIRCUITS THAT I LOVE..but I would never buy console just for 1 game..so I am sticking with ps5

NEW GAMES COMPARED TO OLDER ONES..
DIRT RALLY 2017 - because of pikes peak track and my love loebs peugeot pp..I always return to that game..I still play it ... and game has basicly no additional content
gt7 - after 5 months I was already 😴

JUST MY OPINNION WHY I PLAY IT FROM TIME TO TIME
Damn roosters!

rooster.jpg

At this point, I'm more concerned about the opposite: I think there is a genuine risk that I never stop playing GT7, not because I think it's perfect or better than all other racing games but simply because I'm hard addicted to the VR experience. I don't have that much time for games and therefore have no interest in getting a mega PC setup, GT7 is my only option. I love GT7 but I hope I get a few more options in the future or I'll be forced to play it forever...

First time (few days or weeks or so after launch): Because i couldn't control the cars with their Forza Motorsport-esque slidy handling. No grip for a lot of cars no matter what i tried, plus a lot of other stupid design choices put me off playing until the second half of that year.

Second time: Played a wee bit after the handling had improved, but then i think i got put off by other things - likely the crappy economy and real life car prices.

Third time: Economy again, and i was getting bored.

Since then i only usually fire it up every couple of months, or sometimes after a decent game update. But usually don't play it for longer than a week at a time after a decent update.

If the Ferrari F50 and Porsches weren't in the game, i'd play it even less than i do now.

If the SL55 AMG, more Skylines and a Ferrari F355 end up in the game, i'll play it a lot more.

Plus don't have much time to game these days, with my children consuming most of my former spare time.

1. every corvette except the c5
2. every corvette except the c5
3. EVERY CORVETTE EXCEPT THE C5
and people still mock and insult me when i point it out :banghead:

Haven’t quit playing it yet, that will most likely happen if a better game comes out if they don’t fix some issues before then.

I have a solution though. Let players tune cars, create custom races and share those races. But you have to use everything they’ve applied to the race which means driving their car, but maybe we could be allowed to apply our livery to it, or bring our car, but out their setup in. That would give a huge amount of new races to do.

Imagine being able to find a race for your 917k or Mark IV. I bet some people already have good custom races setup for many different cars.

Make it so we can rate the race out of 5 stars to make sure only the well setup races see the light of day.

I have a solution though. Let players tune cars, create custom races and share those races. But you have to use everything they’ve applied to the race which means driving their car, but maybe we could be allowed to apply our livery to it, or bring our car, but out their setup in. That would give a huge amount of new races to do.
And give us a mean to vote for those custom events, and a good way to search them, so we can find the most enjoyable ones without too much hassle.

And give us a mean to vote for those custom events, and a good way to search them, so we can find the most enjoyable ones without too much hassle.
Exactly. Hence the rating out of five stars. Good idea, you need to be able to sort through by vehicle, rating, track and length. I’d even be happy if you could only share with GT7 friends.

Haven’t quit playing it yet, that will most likely happen if a better game comes out if they don’t fix some issues before then.

Imagine being able to find a race for your 917k or Mark IV. I bet some people already have good custom races setup for many different cars.

Make it so we can rate the race out of 5 stars to make sure only the well setup races see the light of day.
And purge custom race from rubber banding.

I stopped playing the game few times because of that. Farming hours for expensive cars to create a crazy race that is immediately destroyed by rubber banding.

And purge custom race from rubber banding.

I stopped playing the game few times because of that. Farming hours for expensive cars to create a crazy race that is immediately destroyed by rubber banding.
Yeah they do need to sort their AI out, it’s about the worst AI out there. SOPHY isn’t bad but still does the goofy stuff the regular AI does. Problem with Sophy is I can bring say a Mark IV in but then I’m racing against a huge variety of different cars? Kind of takes you out of it. I think I took a Camaro or Daytona Coupe to one and there was a truck in there? IMO that completely ruins the experience.

I want to race similar cars, another fault of GT7, it’s like they give one of each rather than giving us competing cars. They have Gr1,2,3,4 but that’s it. All the muscle cars are a mix match of performance , we have no car to go with the Skyline Silouhette or the 2J, it never ends, so many one of this or one of that.

My rig and my VR headset are just sitting there, collecting dust. I still entertain the idea of upgrading my equipment in the future but have no wish to do that any time soon.

Plus I'm on a huge RGG game kick lately. @Nebuc72 probably understands what I'm talking about!

Btw, @Nebuc72, if you don't mind, how would you compare Ishin to the other games?

My rig and my VR headset are just sitting there, collecting dust. I still entertain the idea of upgrading my equipment in the future but have no wish to do that any time soon.

Plus I'm on a huge RGG game kick lately. @Nebuc72 probably understands what I'm talking about!

Btw, @Nebuc72, if you don't mind, how would you compare Ishin to the other games?
Hahahaha yes! I picked up Judgment on a whim after last playing Y0 years ago, and it's just made me fall in love with them and now I'm going through the whole catalogue.

I really enjoyed Ishin. The gameplay isn't too different from the normal games, so you still know what you're getting into, but the setting and the side activities etc. that dress it all up make it feel really refreshing. The combat can be a bit hit and miss (mostly because two of the styles are a bit naff and the other two are absurdly good) but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't fun as hell to just go full beans on gunslinger/wild dancer and become a walking sword flinging machinegun.

I recommend it for sure, though I do need to stress the caveat that I did my degree in East Asian history so there's a slight amount of huge bias!

1. The soul-crushing economy (I mean I love Le Sarthe but that was a grind track the last time, n'est ce pas?)
2. The cringy partnerships with Haggerty and Fashion Brands
3. No Nordschleife in Sport Mode (the track at which I'm most competitive)
4. Lack of fun single player content/ No events for a lot of the unicorn cars/sandbox format
5. Licenses not really attached to objectives
6. The disconnect between Yamauchi's promises and what PD delivers (eg. "GT7 will have all the features of previous GTs"; "I don't want players to have to grind", et c)
7. Weak updates

Hahahaha yes! I picked up Judgment on a whim after last playing Y0 years ago, and it's just made me fall in love with them and now I'm going through the whole catalogue.

I really enjoyed Ishin. The gameplay isn't too different from the normal games, so you still know what you're getting into, but the setting and the side activities etc. that dress it all up make it feel really refreshing. The combat can be a bit hit and miss (mostly because two of the styles are a bit naff and the other two are absurdly good) but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't fun as hell to just go full beans on gunslinger/wild dancer and become a walking sword flinging machinegun.

I recommend it for sure, though I do need to stress the caveat that I did my degree in East Asian history so there's a slight amount of huge bias!
Okay, good to know. I didn't want to google anything related to the game because I recently got stuck on a side quest in Lost Judgement and got majorly spoiled on the game's main campaign. I won't be doing that again if I can help it. I do know that they somehow snuck karaoke into Ishin, though.

I'm still playing but the legendary cars are a bit of a pain to grind for, still. Even though economy is in much better state than release. Think they've even changed the roulette code, been getting 500k gold prizes more recently

I haven't! Because even though I beat the single player thing within 2 months, my time is spent almost exclusively in Sport Mode.

And there are things which I absolutely HATE, things that INFURIATE ME, mostly about broken penalty system or BS meta dominance paid for by manufacturers.

However, the value for money (€65 game and over 1800 hours so far) and overall improvement in my own driving make all the downer points feel like they are nothing compared over the positives.

I wish plenty of things are different or improved but overall 10/ 10 from me.

** EDIT **

Shame on me! Even though I've been playing since GT1 on PS1, it was this game which introduced me to this community, which has been amazing! So another "plus point" in my rating of GT7 :)

Last edited:
I didn't really stop but play way less now. The three tracks in sports mode aren't enough for me. It should be a rotation of at least 3-4 tracks in each group to make it more interesting with at least a daily qualifying needed if not a qualifying between every race. I like the Forza Motorsport online format a lot more. It's just more fun.

I play a lot less since Forza Motorsport was released,even though its a`bit of a mess`I do enjoy it a lot.Its nice to have a different racing game,having said that,ive started my 4th playthrough of MGS5 so I flit between the 3 games.
The addition of buying engines swaps got me interested in GT7 again.

Back