Why didn't I win?!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter weigle
  • 23 comments
  • 883 views
Messages
35
I raced in the TVR series (5 tracks) skipped races 2 and 4, came in 1st place on 1, 3, and 5 and wasnt awarded ANYTHING, even though I had the most points for the series! Do you have to race ALL the races to win that series? Can you not skip races even though you have already won the series with 30 points?

:banghead:
 
Is it a series race? If not, you have to get all golds on all the tracks to win a prize. If it is a series race, you have to have the most points at the end. Maybe you tied with a certain second place car or that car might've beat you.
 
and if it is a series race, you can't do them individually. you have to enter the series itself, instead of entering each individual race.
 
Yup, if you don't have a gold in that thing with "series race" that means you haven't won it and therefore haven't got the car. Haven't seen you around for a while Saleen :)
 
Second place:
6
6
6
10
10
38 points...could've easily beaten you.
 
Originally posted by weigle
hrm. I entered the series, raced 3:5 races = 30 points, how could I lose?

:D Because the "AI" Cars ran all 5 races even though you didn't.

BTW: Welcome to the Planet!!!...UB57
:D
 
Either that or mix up second place (make it crash so it gets third every second race)
 
To Professional:

Welcome to the Planet as well !!!...UB57
 
Couldn't possibly condone that...

(speaking as the man who trapped 4 of the opposition AI in a single lap of SSR5, then pushed the last AI who usually placed 6th to a well earned 2nd... :D)

It would be unusual in a 5 race series for 30 points to be enough - that's just 5 2nds, which 1 AI usually manages. If you start quitting races all over the shop, then it's even harder. You should aim for at least 35pts (average of 7 per race) - although you OUGHT to aim for all 50... :D
 
Thanks for the welcome, this place is a gold mine of information.
 
Another thing, . . . I won every race in single player Arcade mode, (Hard) and didnt get any new tracks, no new cars, no movies, or anything else i've read you are supposed to get? What gives? Is it true if you beat single player on Hard you automatically win Easy and Normal too? My game % didn't increase when I won all the races either. Frustrating. . . :)
 
Hi weigle:
:D In ARCADE Mode, go to "CLEAR STATUS." IF you have ALL RED Dots in Sectors A thru F there should be a prompt "GOAL" @ the end. Click on it to see the ending movie. Hope this helps...UB57
:D
 
Yes, it's true that when you complete the Arcade races on Hard mode, the Easy and Medium levels are automatically checked off. Look in the Arcade "Clear Status" screen for a grid showing what is done and what is not done.

I think you're misunderstanding what it means to "unlock" tracks. There are no new mystery tracks you get. In Arcade mode the races are grouped by area, such as Area A, Area B, etc. At the beginning the Free Run is limited to the Area A group. As you complete each group on Hard mode, the next area becomes available in both Single Race and Free Run mode (for tuning).

You need to complete the arcade races on Hard mode to advance your completion percentage, as far as I know.

Hope this helps.
 
No, you have to beat Easy, and Normal too, you can't just beat them all by beating Hard. That would make the game way easier. I know there is a status thing, that shows you everything you have to beat in arcade mode, and I think it also shows you what you get as you progress, or what you unlock.
 
I don't believe so. Try it. I've only ever run my arcade races on Hard mode, yet all three boxes are checked when I look at my "Clear Status" screen.

Besides, it only makes sense. If you can beat the races on Hard level what is the point in repeating the excercise with easier opponents? Never mind the fact that Arcade racing mode in general is nothing more than an excercise itself...
 
I know that I had to do all three modes, cuz I started with hard, and remember having to go back, and do the other two modes also.
 
Originally posted by IceGT
I know that I had to do all three modes, cuz I started with hard, and remember having to go back, and do the other two modes also.

Sorry IceGT:
:D Have to back neon_duke on this one. Courtesy of this Forum, discovered I DID NOT have to do Easy or Normal & saved lots of time my second time thru the game...UB57
:D
 
well IceGT im going with duke too, im not DONE arcade yet, but from what ive beaten, ive unlocked the next area of tracks each time by doing JUST hard mode, but for some reason im only on the 3rd of 4th area, and ive already got the movies available in the "GOAL" area! is that cuz i have beginner and amatuer done in sim mode? cuz to me it doesnt make sense that i have the "GOAL" when im not even done arcade yet!!:odd:
 
Originally posted by IceGT
No, you have to beat Easy, and Normal too, you can't just beat them all by beating Hard. That would make the game way easier. I know there is a status thing, that shows you everything you have to beat in arcade mode, and I think it also shows you what you get as you progress, or what you unlock.

you can beat them. and if you want it to be real hrd unlock professional. just go to the difficult select screen and hold down R1 and R2 (or is it L1 and L2? dont remember) and the professional option will appear. beat this ans you will beat all the other ones in one slap.

Cano
 
its r2 l2 and its the same as hard only you have 10 laps to do
 
Don't forget the tyre wear... Pro mode switches that on too... :D
 
Back