Why different BHP/PP values for same car

  • Thread starter Thread starter frenzal
  • 6 comments
  • 846 views
Messages
2,238
Australia
Brisbane
Messages
Fisho_Man
I've noticed from a while back that I will have two 0/0/0 versions of the same car in my garage, yet they will have differing BHP/PP values. This is similar in quite a few different vehicles and I was wondering why this was the case.
 
If one of them is from the OCD, and one of them is from a ticket, they'll have different BHP values because the OCD car is already broken in.
 
If one of them is from the OCD, and one of them is from a ticket, they'll have different BHP values because the OCD car is already broken in.

I have never noticed that before. Well, guess I wasn't paying close enough attention. Thanks for the info. :dopey:
 
If one of them is from the OCD, and one of them is from a ticket, they'll have different BHP values because the OCD car is already broken in.

I believe this is true, however I have also seen it happen on cars that have come from tickets.

I wish I knew why?:confused:
 
If it's the case of the Mercedes LMP900(?) car whose name I can never get right(CLK-LM or CLK-GTR), then I think one of them has two versions(Only one is currently obtainable) with different BHP ratings. Also, some cars have been slightly tweaked with updates.
 
Off the top of my head, one was the Escudo, one of which would have been won through a ticket, and one from the OCD a while back. I'll have to go back in a check the exact difference as to whether it equates to that which being broken in would make. I'll see what percentage difference there also is with other cars which fit this category and see if that is the same through the various models.
 
The way I figure it, a car basically has 4 components to its HP. You add them together, and you have your final HP figure

1. Base HP. This is a constant that never changes. All cars purchasable in the NCD are at base. Ripped tickets are at base.

2. Break-in HP. This ranges from 0 (fresh car) to a certain number (fully broken-in). NCD-purchased cars are at 0. OCD-purchased cars are at max. For the UCD, I haven't done any strict tests, but for most of them this is at max (at least for cars with reasonable mileage). I haven't checked the 0km Veyrons for their HP figures.

3. Oil HP. This ranges from negative (dirty oil) to positive (fresh oilchange). Cars from the OCD and NCD have this at zero, they are at their manufacturer-prescribed oil. Cars from the UCD usually have dirty oil.

4. Permanent HP loss. This is usually 0 below the mileage threshold, then turns into the negatives as you exceed the threshold.

2) and 3) are the reasons why certain 0 mileage cars have different HP values. OCD cars have max break-in HP, while NCD/ticket cars have 0 break-in HP. Then you factor in oil changes. Ticket car + oil change will have a different HP than OCD car alone, or OCD car + oil change
 
Back