Why do big single cylinder trail bikes fetch so much money ?.

United Kingdom
Somewhere only we know.
FanofGT5
Hi, what is the attraction with big single cylinder trail bikes ?.They aren't smooth, you can't tour on them or commute, some aren't suitable for the dakar and most are too old.Some people just think they can charge big money for a bike most people , would rarely use to it's full potential anyway.What do you think about it ?.

S&S.

Last edited:
Do you have some examples? Single cylinder bikes are simple, cheap to run, easy to maintain and most of all are great fun, work well both on an off road.

I don't bike off-road, but I'm given to believe the reasons PAPPACLART stated are reasons that these thumpers hold value well.

Just like Jimny/Samurais... they're not all that great on-road, but for people who choose to use them as intended, there is no substitute.

The fact that the second sentence describes what you can't do with them and tries to make that a negative factor illustrates the fundamental misunderstanding of their purpose.

Never needed anything more than a 200 but I have a few friends that have 800cc quads. They love them.

Back