Why do I always get placed at the end of the starting grid?

• Thread starter GT-Vadar
  • 15 comments
GT-Vadar
Hi folks,

First post here... Can anyone explain why I consistantly get placed at the back of the starting grid, in the online races? It's strange, because I may show up in the manifest as starting near the front of the pack, but when it comes time to race, I'm almost always dead last! :grumpy:

I love a challenge, but I'm lucky to place in the top three, after having trudged through all of the traffic.

Sorry to complain, but once in a while, it would be nice to start out front, so that I can stand a chance of placing first.

Regards,

GT-Vadar

Set your PP below the race limit. The lower your PP is, the higher you will be in the starting grid 👍. The order you see before is the just the order that the players joined the race and has nothing to do with starting position.

I've figured it out. The more powerful (not necessarily more capable) cars are sent to the back. One race that I am referring to is the "Pro- 430, Z06, GT-R" race. My car of choice is the Z06, but apparently it has a slight HP lead.

I guess if the developers at Polyphony are reading this thread, I'd like to suggest a more fair (realistic) approach of "Qualifying" for the starting positions. Either that or turn the collision off, so that those in 16th place can have chance to move through all of the rookies, without being slammed all over the place...

Thanks for the opportunity to vent... :)

GT-Vadar

The best part of this is being 7~8 seconds behind the leader, who drives your same car, two turns after the start of the race at the HSR /PRO event...just because the system randomly decided that you had to start 12th.

I haven't started in the first 8 positions once this afternoon (out of 19 races), yet I always managed to finish in the first 3 positions (winning twice), I suspect this is just another game-design gimmick PD has implemented to give everyone a shot at ending in 1st place, along with the infamous "online boost" (which by the way doesn't wear off progressively, oftentimes throwing you off on crucial corners once you got close enough to the leading crowd), which is sorta lame.

Set your PP below the race limit. The lower your PP is, the higher you will be in the starting grid 👍. The order you see before is the just the order that the players joined the race and has nothing to do with starting position.
so how does this work in the international f430/GTR/Z06 races.....or if everyone uses similar/same cars with identical PP????

I believe Racer_LP figured this out a little while ago. Let's say the first person to connect and join was a Nissan GT-R, naturally they are displayed as starting on pole. Let's say you join with a Ferrari F430 and you are the second person to join, so you appear as second on the "Starting Grid". Then let's say another five F430s join, so far no problem you're still second.

Now, let's say the eighth person to join is a Nissan GT-R, well we all know they are promoted to the front of the grid based on lower PP. The first non-Nissan on the grid was 2nd place, you, so the Nissan replaces you in 2nd place. Now that doesn't demote you to third because what actually happens is that you and the Nissan swap places....relegating you to 8th on the grid which is where the Nissan originally entered.

If you drive a Corvette, this problem is compounded as when you connect before everyone else, first your position is swapped with a Nissan, then your position is swapped with a late-joining Ferrari.

I guess the best thing to do is join a scheduled race later than normal to avoid being one of the first few to get demoted/swapped.

I do hope that's clear...I think I used a few too many words to describe that :)

All the best
Maz

i used to get sent to the back all the time but after i won a couple of races i always get sent to the front now :S im usually first or second on the Fuji F430/GTR/Z06

That's because you're in a GTR. GTRs at the front, then the F430, then the Z06 at the back. Grid position has nothing to do with winning races.

Just as an observation, I've always started pole when racing the Showdown races. And I'm always the host too.. that's because of my connection , of course, but the pole on those races has to be based on something.. ?? The connection again? Or something else? PD knows.. :)

edit:

..and I have a sniff too.. ;)

Last edited:
I think it's like Synwraith said: better connection = better starting position.
If I am host and drive the GTR i'am normaly on poleposition.

nope im sure its down to pp... ive played around with it and if you run at the maximum allowed oo your always at the back... tweak ti so its a really low number and your towards the front.

Key is to have a pp that will give you a competitive car but start reasonably close to the front of the grid though this depends a lot on the track etc.

For example Fuji its almost imperitive you start towards the front so you can get round T1 before the compulsary multi car pile up... that way even though your in a slower car your half way round lap 1 before people have picked up the pace again which gives you a bit of an advantage.

Alright its all up to do with....

PP the lower it is you will be near the top...

If PP's are equal it will determine on who came to that race first.

E.g. In HSR 800PP. If Im the host with 800PP and seven others had 800PP I would be 1st as I arrived at the game before the others.

Same to if I joined last with 800PP I will be last.

ok. When I've raced at those 2 or 3 make races, when I just before the race do a little something...

...ah, I'm not telling you but It'll get me more front on the grid.. :D

ok. When I've raced at those 2 or 3 make races, when I just before the race do a little something...

...ah, I'm not telling you but It'll get me more front on the grid.. :D

Click on the go just like 2 seconds before the xx:xx?

Its a possability :dopey:

Back