Why Do MY PP Go Down When The Cars Are Not Driven?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Trainman
  • 14 comments
  • 1,261 views
Messages
88
Canada
Alberni Valley
So I tried a search to see if this had been raised before, so I apologise if it has.

I was going through my garage trying out different cars for the Super Car Seasonal, and I figured I would be needing to lower PP on some of the cars I wanted to try as they were showing over 700. But when I went to tune them, the PP adjusted before I did anything, by an average of around 50, allowing me to use the cars without having to do any de-tuning/weigh gain. But it was not with all cars, just the ones I had not driven for a few weeks.

Has anybody else noticed this? Any idea of why this is happening? No complaints here, just a puzzle. (allowed me to use my GT LM Spec II with no de-tuning, went from 728 to 668, and the TVR Cerbera Speed 12, it was about the same PP, and a few others 👍 )

Thanks, Tman
 
Probably an I'm game engine wear situation. Where if you don't drive for long periods of time the engine drops in performance. Drive it around for a bit. Should increase. :)
 
They changed the pp formulas a few patchs ago and thats the cause. They took tires out of the calculation and the values shown in your garage didnt automatically update.

Thats why when u look at old cars in your garage their values change once u select them.
 
Possibly oil breakdown, even when not driven. Plus I've bought cars from OCD/UCD with 0 mileage and yet, black oil!?!?
 
They changed the pp formulas a few patchs ago and thats the cause. They took tires out of the calculation and the values shown in your garage didnt automatically update.

Thats why when u look at old cars in your garage their values change once u select them.

I did not know this. Where did you hear that?
 
This is old news, I dont feel like looking up the patch notes but i believe it was one or two patches after pp was initially introduced. It really is quite annoying if u had a large garage before the change and you have to go through all of your old inventory to update their pp values.
 
mumixam is right.
Patch 1.07 ?? was where they took the Tires out of pp-calculation.
The cars you had before this patch are those which have this "drop" off.
 
💡
would say the dust that the car collect over the time in the garage causes fatal weight addition
 
Apparently your PP goes up if you polish it.

I haven't tried it myself, it's something to do with reducing friction.
 
Your PP is always relative to your opponent's PP.

No amount of polishing will help.


;)
 
Back