Why Do You/They Do It!!!!!!

Messages
32
People who nudge me from the sides when they are overtaking, fair enough a bit of contact on a bend can be expected, BUT WHY DO IT ON A STRAIGHT.:mad:

They have the speed to pass cleanly and I let them hoping to catch them up later, but they would rather take me out, it usually ends up by me spinning out of control or in the kitty litter.
 
This may be considered a little unsporting but what I tend to do in situations like that. Is
turn slightly into them (and I mean very slightly) to counter their side swipes.

That or drop a gear, the loss in speed usually sees them cut across the front of you into the wall or kitty litter themselves.
 
Well, I find that if you wait a bit then return it back, they don't seem to expect it, then they get stuck in the kitty litter :P
 
Well, I find that if you wait a bit then return it back, they don't seem to expect it, then they get stuck in the kitty litter :P

Exactly what I do!

I'm very forgiving of knocks and bumps, but if some talentless loser keeps pestering me because I'm a better race than him, I concede my position to him, and then choose the spot to finish him off! Works like a charm! More often than not though, they crash shortly after I slow down anyway. 👍
 
Yeah people Should Overtake on Straights, or on HUGE HUGE turn...

I usually If I am slower on a turn, and I see a person behind me CLOSE IN FAST! I usually give him the spot I rather still be in a race then in grass. Usually most people THAT rush, always end up in grass/gravel so Karma comes back to you ;)
 
I've clipped a few people accindentally.
But I'm enough of a gent to slow down and give them their place back if/when it happens.
 
Maybe they're scared that you'll cut them off. I know some guy who cut me off and took 1st, so the next race, I sorta tried to fish-tail him xD.
 
Yes... I just nominated a guy for the black list for that. He prefers to hit and run, instead of just to run. Funny thing is I can always overtake him in the next corner, if I haven't spun out. Some times I can take him even all the way over on the outside of a corner. Although I don't try that unless I have a barrier to protect me from any aggressive move, as opposed to a sand trap where he can easily push me into...

What I don't do (not anymore), is fight back. Obviously, I don't try to avoid contact as much, especially because usually they are slow, have no notion of racing line, try to block you, and generally are all over the place. So if they get in my way, well tough...

Only thing I actively do when I'm behind, is keep the pressure real high, weaving in their mirrors, and take any chance to get into the best line, and force their error. The S in the HSRing with a Lotus Elise is a great place to do this. Some times I don't even try to pass, I just "force" the error so I can enjoy seeing them 🤬 it up all by them selves.

As soon as they make a mistake I pass, pull away and end the race with a sense of superiority you can't get from fighting back.

Be cool, superior and outsmart them. :cool:

Don't step down to their level... You will act just like them, and loose concentration, many times go off, and almost always will not win the race.

Quoting PlusP357 in:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=105727

7) Be patient. I cannot count how many times I have started in last place, had to stop on the track to avoid a wreck, been knocked off the track by aggressive drivers and been penalized for other people’s mistakes…and still finished first or second. Many races are an all out onslaught to get to first place ASAP. This is a route to disaster. Be patient. Let the wreckers get ahead of you. They will make a mistake very soon and you can fly by them once you get to a good straight. Don’t let these guys ruin your race.
 
Only thing I actively do when I'm behind, is keep the pressure real high, weaving in their mirrors, and take any chance to get into the best line, and force their error. The S in the HSRing with a Lotus Elise is a great place to do this. Some times I don't even try to pass, I just "force" the error so I can enjoy seeing them 🤬 it up all by them selves.

It's funny how often that works. But hell, even real racers sometimes make mistakes because of pressure from behind.
 
I usually just hang back a bit and let the wreckers trip each other up, then I pass them all.
 
It's funny how often that works. But hell, even real racers sometimes make mistakes because of pressure from behind.

Yes. But most GT5P fast and clean drivers are hard to push into a mistake. As opposed to dirty drivers, which are insecure. That's what makes them use dirty tactics. They are afraid they can't beat you without it, and are over defensive in their trajectory and track position against any dirty or clean move you might make. So they will make a mistake in the next 2 or 3 corners... usually they brake on the inside or too late. Use your brain to find a clean and safe line around them.

On their most common mistake "_dirty_driver_ defends the inside into a corner", here's a tip:

Usually they leave the braking to be done at the very last moment. This means:
a) they will carry too much speed into the corner
b) they can't turn with a in-out line, as fast as out-in-out one since the turning angle is superior
c) because of the above they always understeer into a in-out-out slow line

So, watch his racing line, see him staying inside, and do the opposite. Brake on time, outside, and drive inside towards his rear. Both line will cross around the time you get there and the result is that while he is still slowing down and understeering, you keep your fast line and pull out of the corner well ahead...

Again, be COOL and outsmart them...
 
Usually they leave the braking to be done at the very last moment. This means:
a) they will carry too much speed into the corner
b) they can't turn with a in-out line, as fast as out-in-out one since the turning angle is superior
c) because of the above they always understeer into a in-out-out slow line

So, watch his racing line, see him staying inside, and do the opposite. Brake on time, outside, and drive inside towards his rear. Both line will cross around the time you get there and the result is that while he is still slowing down and understeering, you keep your fast line and pull out of the corner well ahead...
Great post... thx.

/tinker
 
Great post... thx.

/tinker


Thanks. Glad to help.

note: sometimes you actually have to brake a bit early. Learn to time it right and do it in one smooth move. If you have to correct, you loose this advantage, and if you are too close, both cars will be in the same place when the trajectories intersect.

Enjoy:tup:
 
here's a tip:

Usually they leave the braking to be done at the very last moment. This means:
a) they will carry too much speed into the corner
b) they can't turn with a in-out line, as fast as out-in-out one since the turning angle is superior
c) because of the above they always understeer into a in-out-out slow line

So, watch his racing line, see him staying inside, and do the opposite. Brake on time, outside, and drive inside towards his rear. Both line will cross around the time you get there and the result is that while he is still slowing down and understeering, you keep your fast line and pull out of the corner well ahead...

Again, be COOL and outsmart them...

Yes this works like a charm:tup:The 'X' or crossover move.Try it you will like it.Be careful though,It can backfire on you when you get the timing wrong.Then you will be penalised.Very good tip.:dopey:
 
If you are at the daytona superspeedway use their ramming tactic against them on a straight, use the ramming as boost(wont work good sometimes on turns;could spin out).

Also if a car tries to spin you out(if a enemy car is close to a wall) give him a little tap against a wall and most likely he will spin out.

Its also helpful to have ABS on(reduces chances to spin out).
 
I've found on some races it's been a good idea to have ABS and TC on for the first half a lap or so until the grid has settled and then I'm free to turn them both off on the fly if I'm in a car and setup where I want to and compete for a high spot away from the bad drivers. The driving aids help a hell of a lot when you get slammed into which can happen a lot in the first few corners.
 
I haven't run in to as many people that try and hit me when they're passing as when I'm passing them. On the final stretch in a race on the high speed ring I was overtaking the guy in first place at the beginning of the straight and he hit me for it. Luckily I didn't spin out and I still took second but he actually hit me so he could have first place and a little bit of extra money.
 
Well, I agree with Youngdubber.

Regardless of what excuse they may have in those tiny brains, for themselves or others, like "defending" or "more credits", they are just 🤬 dicks...
 
Back