Why does buying a NEW body for your car, already include the wide body kit???? Please PD help me get rid of it!

• Thread starter Kalder
  • 14 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
We need a way to get rid of those widebodies...Because once you apply them there is no going back for that car. And with widebody you can't enter some races in the lobby.
Now to me it makes perfect sense that buying a complete new body would add the weight reductions back etc, but why for the love of this game doesn't it remove the wide body kit??? Why does a completely new body kit for a certain car come included with a wide body that you put on it yourself?!?! :confused: Makes no sense to me.

Is it so hard to give us just the original body kit back and give us the option to widen it again if someone so desires that?!?!

Geeez P.D. seems like a fix someone could make with a single line of code... I can only imagine this to be a very very VERY easy thing to fix, so please do.

We need a way to get rid of those widebodies...Because once you apply them there is no going back for that car. And with widebody you can't enter some races in the lobby.
Now to me it makes perfect sense that buying a complete new body would add the weight reductions back etc, but why for the love of this game doesn't it remove the wide body kit??? Why does a completely new body kit for a certain car come included with a wide body that you put on it yourself?!?! :confused: Makes no sense to me.

Is it so hard to give us just the original body kit back and give us the option to widen it again if someone so desires that?!?!

Geeez P.D. seems like a fix someone could make with a single line of code... I can only imagine this to be a very very VERY easy thing to fix, so please do.

Yeah this one bugs me, so I simply avoid doing it. Unless car isn't too expensive.

Before installing the Wide Body, you are expressly advised that you cannot reset it, so that's perfectly OK.

If you want to use WB, you just have to live with it. For me it is perfectly OK as it is, but what I would wish for is that you can also remove the tuning parts you have bought for a car and store them, so to speak, preferably with a "quick option". Then you could, if it is about "cheap" vehicles are one with WB and one without WB in the garage and then swap the tuning parts from one to the other as long as it is the exact same model. If you had a small tuning garage and little money, many in IRL would certainly do the same. In any case, I can absolutely understand the logic of the fact that WB + weight reduction and carcass reinforcement cannot be reversed and are only reserved for this vehicle.

An alternative to peace would be to simply ignore the WB in the system while racing and simulate the vehicle as driving without WB. In my opinion, it can't be that difficult to calculate it in the race.

Before installing the Wide Body, you are expressly advised that you cannot reset it, so that's perfectly OK.

If you want to use WB, you just have to live with it. For me it is perfectly OK as it is, but what I would wish for is that you can also remove the tuning parts you have bought for a car and store them, so to speak, preferably with a "quick option". Then you could, if it is about "cheap" vehicles are one with WB and one without WB in the garage and then swap the tuning parts from one to the other as long as it is the exact same model. If you had a small tuning garage and little money, many in IRL would certainly do the same. In any case, I can absolutely understand the logic of the fact that WB + weight reduction and carcass reinforcement cannot be reversed and are only reserved for this vehicle.

An alternative to peace would be to simply ignore the WB in the system while racing and simulate the vehicle as driving without WB. In my opinion, it can't be that difficult to calculate it in the race.
It just doesn't make sense to me that the wide kit comes pre installed on a complete new body kit :confused: why is it such a problem for PD not to make an option to get the original body kit back.

The game telling you that it will happen does not make it a sensible design choice or something that people should be expected to simply accept without question. There is no reason Polyphony cannot make buying a new body actually treat it as a whole new body, which would be the sensible choice. The way it is now, what is happening? Are you buying a clone of your current body? Are you buying a new body and then forced to widen it at gunpoint by a virtual manifestation of Kaz? Are you buying from a selection of other bodies that just happen to be widened the exact same way? What is the logical reason for it?

Buying a new body should mean a new body. One with absolutely no modifications. Whether you want to redo those modifications again after or not, the choice should be yours. It is entirely nonsensical for the car to be permanently forced into having a wide body just because you did it to one of them.

Here's a fun idea too: Parts storage could even hold multiple bodies! Buy a new one, the previous one goes into storage so you can swap it back on. You can even swap them between multiple cars of the same model, or sell it off! Why just dispose of it? It's not like the parts storage is doing much beyond holding your Civic's super special driveshaft right now, or if you're very lucky, maybe even an engine you don't know what to do with.

The new wide body and new engine options are ********. Some of them cost more than the car !
This is what I've been doing. .....at least just for the cars that I am interested in having an unmolested version of. Many others simply don't matter to me to revert back.

Realism is more often then not an incredibly poor reason to have contradictory and downright hostile design choices. And again, as mentioned up thread...there's absolutely no need to make wide body changes permanent when there is a parts storage that could actually have some use and store multiple bodies instead of just being the dumping ground for engine swaps that Polyphony doesn't bother to tell you what to do with.

I get that people have an issue with things like this, but I have a hard time being sympathetic because most cars can be bought pretty inexpensively, so just buying multiples of a car you want to have wide and not isn't that big of a deal at all.

I'm like Oi Oi JC up there, I buy multiples of cars for different modification approaches, different liveries, different PP targets, or to just have a stock one and a modified one. I know full well once you go widebody you can't go back. Same with internal engine parts and some other tuning options.

Just the way it is, and not bothersome at all when half the point of the game for me is making the cars and appreciating the multitude of ways you can build them.

Considering that in just one clean 24 minute race you can afford a number of Gr2 cars, which are around 800K Cr, this really isn't such a big deal. First world problems and all that.

I get that people have an issue with things like this, but I have a hard time being sympathetic because most cars can be bought pretty inexpensively, so just buying multiples of a car you want to have wide and not isn't that big of a deal at all.

I'm like Oi Oi JC up there, I buy multiples of cars for different modification approaches, different liveries, different PP targets, or to just have a stock one and a modified one. I know full well once you go widebody you can't go back. Same with internal engine parts and some other tuning options.

Just the way it is, and not bothersome at all when half the point of the game for me is making the cars and appreciating the multitude of ways you can build them.

It's not a massive deal, but it doesn't make sense and clearly annoys some, to varying degrees.

As far as I'm aware you can reverse every other mod with new body or new engine.

Why new body doesn't remove wide body is strange. And it is annoying. Almost an oversight imo.

Hopefully pd won't change the physics that screw up how wide body cars behave.

Last edited:

You cannot always buy every car, I have a race coming up with friends where we use an old Porsche and not knowing I couldn't use the wide body for the race I applied it, now I can't buy the same car again because it's not available right now, and who knows when it'll be available again, if I had known I couldn't revert the wide body and couldn't use it in the race, I wouldn't have bought it, now I can't join the race because PD decided the wide body is permanent even after buying a completely new body...

You just have to buy 2 of the same car... And this only applies to street legal cars (and still not all IIRC).
Yeah, it's a chore, and absolutely removes the purpose of having the new engine or new body options at all. In fact, I will never use them.

For your engine to be completely replaced (to the point where it starts to get permanent HP loss) you have to do over 10.000km on a car (I know because I do the Tomahawk script) and there's no way in hell anyone is going to have that much distance on several cars...
So, you might as well buy a new car and keep the one with the mods applied.

New body is literally irrelevant for the fact it costs more than the car itself new... So yeah... buy another car. LITERALLY, 0 reason for anyone to use this option. To the point I ask why is it even in the game.

Unless PD is thinking people will misclick the option when modding a 10+ million credit car... ... ... Which tbh I wouldn't put it past them.

Back