Why does my Character change, in game Replays?

• Thread starter BasherB59
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
London/UK
BasherB59
Hi All,
as DRIVECLUB omitted to include a "Grumpy Old Git" Character in it's otherwise fabulously detailed Driving Game, for old-un's like myself. I elected to choose one of the young Macho white dudes, as a close approximation of what I think I still look like. :lol:

Imagine my surprise, when after installing the latest update & watching a Replay of a Club Drift Challenge, I'd apparently turned into a Young Black Woman. :eek: Now, please understand me when I say that I've got absolutely nothing against Women of any colour or creed.....I just don't happen to be one!

I presumed that when I chose my Character & set up a Club of my own. That Character would remain the same both off-line & on, in the Single Player Game & any Club stuff I chose to get involved in. Is that correct ?

Is it a Bug ? :banghead:
Or have I missed a menu someplace for on-line or replay character? :dunce:

Any advice gratefully received :cheers:

Basher (the confuzzled) :boggled:

I think it's one of those weirdnesses that happen - ie: you choose a character and you'll see that character in every career/single event race/TT/drift event as well as replay of those races, just like you selected.

It's when things get to a challenge created by someone else that you can suddenly find yourself different. At least, that's what I've noticed, it might be more complex than that...but it certainly has been around for all of the game's life so far. I'm also not sure about online.

It's when things get to a challenge created by someone else that you can suddenly find yourself different. At least, that's what I've noticed, it might be more complex than that...but it certainly has been around for all of the game's life so far. I'm also not sure about online.

T'was whilst watching a replay of an on-line challenge where I first noticed this, so seems like a bug. :grumpy:
Hopefully they'll fix it at some point, in a future update. :D PRETTY PLEASE :D

Thanks for the info MeanElf. 👍
Thought I might be under cyber-attack by North Korean Hackers or something! :crazy:
:lol:

I have an issue that is quite the opposite. During replays, every other driver looks the same like my character. Same clothes and everything, even the female drivers.

I have an issue that is quite the opposite. During replays, every other driver looks the same like my character. Same clothes and everything, even the female drivers.
Hmmm, that's weird. I'll take a look at that myself tonight. To see if I've got the same in Race Mode.
I've only been responding to Drift Challenges, so far. So only saw my Character.
Cheers for the "Heads Up"

So, looks like my Character is (according to the Replays) a young White Dude, whenever I'm earning Stars in the career mode :cool:. But a Black Female whenever I'm doing an on-line Challenge. :embarrassed:

So Tonight, just as a test, I'll change my Game Character to one of the Ladeez & see if my on-line one becomes a Dude.
:cheers:

Back