Why does my I pad keep duplicating posts?

• Thread starter yogi bear
  • 19 comments
Canada
Langham, sk.
Old bear
apoligies to moderators, I tried to respond to your question but it wouldn't let me. I have not intentionally posted twice.
I'm not good with computer stuff, ask anyone of my fellow racers. Please don't get mad, I'm just retired old guy.
Can someone help me to remove a post if it's done in error?

Last edited:
How frequently do you experience "double posts" from your iPad?

Last edited:
How frequently do you experience "double posts" from your iPad?
Today it posted again what I had posted this morning...I figured it out I think...fixed my screen. It's stopped going nuts. Sometimes it didn't respond, then it was like click click click....wait wait no!...
Anyhow sorry bout that. Like I said I'm not good with computers. But moderator TB. ToLed me how have them deleted if it happens again... but just to be safe, I m going to not created any new threads till I know my iPad is behaving.

At any point do you physically click "Post reply" more than once?
Lol...it's possible, my screen had been messing up. It wouldn't respond, then....multiple requests!.. I would close it, then soon as I open a page...multiple requests again.
I took it in. I think it's fixed now.

Today it posted again what I had posted this morning...I figured it out I think...fixed my screen. It's stopped going nuts. Sometimes it didn't respond, then it was like click click click....wait wait no!...
Anyhow sorry bout that. Like I said I'm not good with computers. But moderator TB. ToLed me how have them deleted if it happens again... but just to be safe, I m going to not created any new threads till I know my iPad is behaving.

Lol...it's possible, my screen had been messing up. It wouldn't respond, then....multiple requests!.. I would close it, then soon as I open a page...multiple requests again.
I don't think that double post was your ipad's fault. 💡

The internets response is not instant, sometimes you have to wait 5 seconds.
Blame routing and servers being busy and other things jordan can explain better.

The internets response is not instant, sometimes you have to wait 5 seconds.
Blame routing and servers being busy and other things jordan can explain better.
Yeah colts told me not to button mash. I would check to see if it was posted, not there, huh...wonder where it went? Same place some of my face book posts went. So I would post again. Sometimes it would pop up later, sometimes not.
Whatever, I'm not making another thread ever again.

I don't think that double post was your ipad's fault. 💡
No?.. what do you think is happening?.. my email is going nuts now too. I deleted them, now today it loaded up all of lasts years email?..!! Arrrrgggggg!!,....I hate technology sometimes, full of abbreviations that I have no clue about. Perhaps you are right, could be the dummy running it. I've posted stuff, then when I check..it's not there. It happens on Facebook too. Repost, then it works the second time...I don't know where the first one went.

Sounds a bit like caches not getting refreshed properly. You post something, the site updates its content. You check but your device says hey I already have that content cached, no need to fetch the page again. Unfortunately your device is wrong. So you don't see the new content (from you) that's already there, and post again thereby creating a duplicate post/thread/whatever.

Sounds a bit like caches not getting refreshed properly. You post something, the site updates its content. You check but your device says hey I already have that content cached, no need to fetch the page again. Unfortunately your device is wrong. So you don't see the new content (from you) that's already there, and post again thereby creating a duplicate post/thread/whatever.
Thanks, now I just have to find somebody to fix it for me..lol.

No?.. what do you think is happening?
On that occasion? You made a post and then you made another post in the same thread - rather than making just the one post by using the Multiquote feature or Edit button. That's known as "Double Posting", and that's not your iPad's fault.

On the occasion where you posted four threads all asking for the same thing over the course of 20 hours, you just posted four threads all asking for the same thing. That wasn't your iPad's fault either.

You posted this on Thursday at 0341 UTC:

this isn't a bug, just crappy design... trying to tune, having to save after each change before being allowed back on the track. Then it is so slow loading.. the menus were the strong point of projest cars 1 vs asseto...now in project cars 2 they are worse!. The race engineer function is not that good either...says no more adjustment available For gearing....but doesn't recognize ...individual gears are available.
but you can't tell what they will be till you go out there....at least in asseto it gave you a heads up as to what speed it was...
I've had it with project cars 2. these things aren't considered bugs, so no patch will be coming. I'm mad at myself for pre ordering the premium package!.
Then, after a post in-between, this on Thursday at 0644 UTC:
I am very disappointed in the menu operation of project cars 2. It is not a glitch, in my opinion it is a bad design. Perhaps it is only on PlayStation. Changing a tune requires me to save before going back on the track. It is so slow in this process. I spent 20 minutes doing what it took me 3 minutes to do in project cars 1 or asseto corsa. They had a good menu in the first one, but they messed it up in the second. Why couldn't they make it so you could try out all kinds of settings, then save when you are satisfied. The online rooms do not work so well either.
Too bad I preordered the premium package. Wasted $120. Patch will not fix this either, as it is not considered a glitch.
I think I will just go back to project cars 1 or asseto corsa.
Oh, and I don't usually enunciate this much, but my first post got removed because of abbreviated words.
Then this on Thursday at 1552 UTC:
would it be possible to make a change in the menus that allow you to test drive the car after a Change in the tune up without having to save it every time? .. when racing online with only 10 minutes to qualify this process takes too long. I have time only to do 2 changes then the race starts.
Or am I missing something? Please help.
Then, after four posts in-between, two of which were in the thread above, this on Thursday at 2329:
would it be possible to make a change in the menus that allow you to test drive the car after a Change in the tune up without having to save it every time? .. when racing online with only 10 minutes to qualify this process takes too long. I have time only to do 2 changes then the race starts.
Or am I missing something? Please help.
And given that two of the four posts you made between the last two threads were in the third thread, the explanation that you hadn't seen the third thread posted so decided to resubmit it, verbatim, over seven hours later doesn't really hold much water. If you hadn't seen it, you couldn't have responded to it...

You're posting multiple threads because you're posting multiple threads.

On that occasion? You made a post and then you made another post in the same thread - rather than making just the one post by using the Multiquote feature or Edit button. That's known as "Double Posting", and that's not your iPad's fault.

On the occasion where you posted four threads all asking for the same thing over the course of 20 hours, you just posted four threads all asking for the same thing. That wasn't your iPad's fault either.

You posted this on Thursday at 0341 UTC:

Then, after a post in-between, this on Thursday at 0644 UTC:

Then this on Thursday at 1552 UTC:

Then, after four posts in-between, two of which were in the thread above, this on Thursday at 2329:

And given that two of the four posts you made between the last two threads were in the third thread, the explanation that you hadn't seen the third thread posted so decided to resubmit it, verbatim, over seven hours later doesn't really hold much water. If you hadn't seen it, you couldn't have responded to it...

You're posting multiple threads because you're posting multiple threads.
Yes I see that. I have to learn how to find stuff better. Without an email notice, I wouldn't have been able to find my way back here... that's what I rely on to find a thread.
Again I am sorry for that. I just don't do well on websites.

Bear, did you forget to take your meds again? LOL. On Monday night after our race we can jump into a PS4 party chat and I'll try to help you figure it out. Fortunately your driving skills are 100x better than your computer skills.

Bear, did you forget to take your meds again? LOL. On Monday night after our race we can jump into a PS4 party chat and I'll try to help you figure it out. Fortunately your driving skills are 100x better than your computer skills.
My son fixed it for me, something or other about buffing, my cloud was full too. Not sure why it didn't rain?
Anyway he made room. Got rid of my 400 and some emails that kept downloading. And changed my settings some how to stop emails from 4 years ago from downloading again.
But dammed if some of my face tube posts don't just bugger off somewhere.

Back