Why does PD hide our stats?

• Thread starter sturk0167
  • 23 comments
United States
Nor Cal
sturk0167
I don't understand why they won't let us see our stats/point totals.
They only show us the letter rankings. What's wrong with letting us know if our DR A ranking is 30,000 points, or 49,000 points?
SR B could mean 40 or 64.

On GT Sport, we could check with KudosPrime or GTBlade to get the info. Now, they've taken extra steps to make the info unavailable to them.
We could also use the 3rd party sites to see where we ranked on leader boards and see the upcoming daily races. That's gone, too.

PD has every bit of that info. What in the world could be their reasoning for keeping us in the dark about our own statistics??? :grumpy:

We don’t even have the in game progression bar below the rating like we had in Sport. Lots of bizarre decisions concerning multiplayer. I hope they have plans to at least bring it back to what we had in sport. The quick chat options are sorely missed. How hard could that be to keep that in.

Unless I'm missing something, there's also no option to watch top 10 lap replays. :boggled:

Also, the other day, after a race at Interlagos, I wanted to apologize to someone that I accidentally bumped off the track.
It didn't appear that I would have enough time to do it, because now we have to manually type out their name, then manually type the message, but the post-race session is too brief for me.

Last edited:
Completely agree, would love to know the thinking behind some of these decisions as I really don't understand why PD removed the chat options in sport mode (and do we really need to see twenty messages telling us who has entered the lobby?), the fastest lap info (now you only see the top time), the progression bar below your DR/SR rating, the summary screen showing your progression for circuit experience (now you have to go into each circuit to see if you have completed it) and probably a few other things I can't think of right now.

How does Kudosprime get the information? I don't think PD willingly allow a 3rd party website to access the information on it's servers.

Much like certain apps allow Pokemon GO players to see what certain Pokemon are going to spawn, by snooping the servers, I'm fairly sure Kudosprime works by looking at information on servers that were never intended to be accessed by the public.

That stuff aside though, as far as the game is concerned the ratings vs your actual points doesn't really matter, as the game will place you in races with people around your SR/DR points, whether you can see the points or not.

This debate essentially boils down to "I would like to see numbers, not letters" when it has zero impact on the game.

Unless I'm missing something, there's also no option to watch top 10 lap replays. :boggled:
Yeah, you can watch the replays. Once you click the race you want to enter, at the bottom right, click on "qualifying time ranking." You can watch it from there.

If you enter your own qualy session there will be an option on that screen at the bottom right that says "ranking board." It looks identical to the other one, but you CANNOT watch the replay from there.

This debate essentially boils down to "I would like to see numbers, not letters" when it has zero impact on the game.
It can be argued to have zero impact, but I'll give some examples from Rocket League. In RL on PC, there is this thing called bakkesmod, which allows extremely extensive modifications of the game, though it's all well controlled to only permit mods during ranked play that don't provide a competitive advantage. One of the things bakkesmod offers as standard is it will show the numerical rating of every player during games, so you can see everyone's numerical rating at the start of the game, and at the end it shows the new rating, and the +/- number. The makers of the game COULD show this same information to all players, but they don't. As a result, people who play on console are often hugely confused about how the rating system works, and have all sorts of misconceptions as to what affects the rating. For example, some people develop the idea that it's not just winning or losing that matters, but whether you are MVP, or how many goals you score etc. And some don't understand that a season rank reset has them playing with and against the exact same people that they were before the reset, they think that they've dropped down to ELO hell and can't get back up because their teammates are so bad. So while you could say that people should just play and not worry about how the ratings work, I personally absolutely hate not having bakkesmod running, I feel like I'm playing blind without it, and people get mad when they think the game works in certain ways that it doesn't actually work in, because they don't have the info needed to understand it.

Right. That's my whole point. Why the heck would their intention be to never let me see my stats? :confused:
It could be to draw focus away from the finer numbers.

While some people want to see exactly how many points they gained from a race (or lost), some people focus way too much on that stuff. It'd be like someone throwing down 5 races and gaining DR points every race and feeling proud, and then having a hard race, losing a bunch of points and feeling that they have to race again to regain the points. At that point it's not about enjoying the race, it's about the points.

They could implement an option similar to Rocket League where you can turn off the rank display, and have it so in GT post race lobbies you can opt to see just the letter rank or the letter and points, and at that point if your predisposed to focusing on your points rather than enjoying the race, it's up to you to handle it.

I think one reason is to keep the number of accounts confidential from competitors. It was very easy to follow the growth on GT Sport.
How does Kudosprime get the information?
From PD's own web service which operated as if Al Gore had just invented the Internet. No authentication, and all accounts were numbered consecutively, starting from 1000000. Now they use so-called GUIDs (globally unique identifiers) instead, which are randomly generated.

I suppose not everyone cares about their numbers, but for some, the ability to check KudosPrime for their DR number was a big motivator.
I checked it a lot when I trying hard to get to A+ for the first time. It helps to track your progress.
Lots of people have posted on this site about felling proud that they finally made it over 20,000 points, or 40,000 points.
Now, they're not gonna know if their trending in the right direction.

You can bet your ass the hardcore FIA guys will want to know where they are in the A+ range. It goes from 50,000 to 100,000.
Being in the top split it pretty important if you want to earn maximum points.
In GT Sport, they would do a bunch of Sport Mode races to try to increase their point total. It would also be very important for them to know if their SR rating is at 89, or 90.

Last edited:
So far the only thing I've typed in Message in GT 7 has been "Good Race" and I even messed that up a few times.

Typing messages is like a game show challenge. I'm surprised there isn't a - Who can type the fastest game for PS4.

There was some talk of Discord integration recently. I don't use Discord so I don't know how that would work.

You can bet your ass the hardcore FIA guys will want to know where they are in the A+ range.
Kind of, but a high DR doesn't necessarily mean you're one of the world's fastest drivers, which the FIA/GT Championship racers care more about. You can get a high DR rating just by being good and racing daily, it doesn't necessarily mean you're the fastest.

I used to check my stats on Kudosprime all the time, and I also used it while I was active on Reddit. When people would post the "I just got my 100th win!" posts looking for upvotes, you could look at their driver profile on Kudosprime and see that they had been tanking their SR/DR to get into the lower/easier lobbies to get those wins and expose them.

That's one thing that we lose with loss of visible stats - now if you tank you DR/SR to stay in lower lobbies, the community has no way to expose the driver, and PD aren't going to do anything about them.

It’s all super secret squirrel stuff G. I miss that too.

Is there a sad panda emoji? I feel like I need lots of them.

Also, also the demonstration’s have no presenter announcement description and the cars appear to be driven by AI

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back