Why does the game insist I buy a car (secondary account).

  • Thread starter Thread starter RogsR34UK
  • 8 comments
  • 836 views
Messages
1,607
England
Near Oxford, UK
Messages
RogsR35UK
Messages
RogsR34UK
I reinstated an old PSN on my PS3 and just wondered why the game should force you to buy a car...

I have a DLC Jaguar XJ13 Chrome Line in my garage which is my default car and appears at the top of the screen, yet the game insists I spend money on a car.

I can borrow a car from my main account but the game will not let me use it as I havem't bought a car!

This seems totally stupid to force you to buy a car if you don't need one.

If you have an account with no cars on it initially, it does not take a genius to figure out you have to buy a car to race, so why force the issue when you have access to cars already?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
 
Just buy a cheap car and get on with it :)
 
Because the needs you to buy a car...
If you have a DLC car it's a bonus.
You need to buy a car even if you didn't have the DLC.
 
Go do a kart special event or two... then you haven't lost any of your startup capital :D
 
I understand the point you are making however just to go buy a cheap car to me was no bother and an extremely small inconvenience at worse.
 
I have no objection to buying a car (I noticed one in the UCD with low mileage that was acceptable). It was just the game forcing you to buy one that I had the objection to. It is like the game saying you have just received some money (for instance from a race rather than starting the game) and you have to buy a car before you can do anything else in the game.

I have now resolved the issue by sending a car from my main account (Red GT Academy 370Z) which (if memory serves me correctly) will be acceptable as my "first" (second!) car.
 
Back