Why doesn't Gran Turismo have... (curious social phenomena thread)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blank_Redge
  • 10 comments
  • 1,129 views
Messages
743
United States
Los Angeles area, CA
Having spent some time on this site, I keep seeing "Why doesn't Gran Turismo have..." threads. Usually, these threads are wish-lists for features in other games; things like vinyl editors, body kits, engine swaps, etc. etc. etc.


...


I wonder what it is that keeps these folks interested in GT, if they're unhappy with what's *not* in it. o_O

So, if you're one of these folks: what is it you *do* like about GT5? I'm genuinely curious.
 
Awesome game is awesome despite lacking adequate quantities of awesome...
 
Driving my favorite real life cars with spot on visual realism, around tracks that look real with a wheel...great fun 👍
 
Wanting a livery editor doesn't mean I dislike everything else in the game. It's not one person making all these wish lists, lots of people want lots of different things.

I enjoy the game but it could be a lot better.
 
There's some problems, but I just love this game in general.
 
Just because we feel something should be added doesn't mean we hate everything about the game ;)
 
Simple, human nature is hedonistic, that is it is always self serving. You want the absolute best you can obtain and as much of as possible. In real life terms, why not ask for these features, as they would just make a game we like even better.
 
Simple, human nature is hedonistic, that is it is always self serving. You want the absolute best you can obtain and as much of as possible. In real life terms, why not ask for these features, as they would just make a game we like even better.
*nods*

Point taken.

The threads I tend to notice the most usually deal with cosmetic enhancements. (Not sure if these are acutally the most prolific, or if they're just the ones I tend to notice.) I'm certainly not against them; I own and enjoy a few games in the Need for Speed and Midnight Club franchises.

However, given my druthers, I'd like to see PD fix some of the "rough edges" in the game first, such as mysterious shadows being cast on cars' body panels from invisible polygons.
 
*nods*

Point taken.

The threads I tend to notice the most usually deal with cosmetic enhancements. (Not sure if these are acutally the most prolific, or if they're just the ones I tend to notice.) I'm certainly not against them; I own and enjoy a few games in the Need for Speed and Midnight Club franchises.

However, given my druthers, I'd like to see PD fix some of the "rough edges" in the game first, such as mysterious shadows being cast on cars' body panels from invisible polygons.

I think for many people, things like livery editor have more value and entertainment for them then clean shadow edges.
 
I think for many people, things like livery editor have more value and entertainment for them then clean shadow edges.

Those shadows sometimes drive up the wall! Everything looks perfect and then suddenly these black flashing stripes appear out of nowhere! Alot of great panning shots are let down by this. :(
 
*nods*

Point taken.

The threads I tend to notice the most usually deal with cosmetic enhancements. (Not sure if these are acutally the most prolific, or if they're just the ones I tend to notice.) I'm certainly not against them; I own and enjoy a few games in the Need for Speed and Midnight Club franchises.

However, given my druthers, I'd like to see PD fix some of the "rough edges" in the game first, such as mysterious shadows being cast on cars' body panels from invisible polygons.

From my point of view on the other hand, both of those suggestions fall into the "less important visuals" department. I'd prefer more "under the hood" technical fixes to improve the racing.

I'd say that's why there are so many different wish lists. Nobody wants the same thing first. :)
 
Back