Why doesn't GT5 record your best lap/race time per track?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Runeaxe977
  • 17 comments
  • 5,466 views
Messages
13
Messages
Runeaxe977
Don't you find it annoying that GT5 doesn't record the best lap times or race time per track done in a actual race? In real life, each track records the best lap time with details who did it and what car was used... I hope they change this in their next update.


I know you record lap times in practice mode but I wish they include that feature in actual races....
 
That and leaderboards would be nice. I'd like to compare my times to those on my friends list
 
that fact bothers me since the first gt...don´t get it
 
I can spend hours scrolling through the leaderboards in Forza, plenty of info and there, assists, replays of the top 200 times stored, helping you improve your racing lines and where you may be losing time. Letting you know how good or bad you are in comparison to your friends, world records etc. A major let down in GT.
 
Don't you find it annoying that GT5 doesn't record the best lap times or race time per track done in a actual race?

Not really. Would be nice if the game did record this (some previous GTs certainly did), but it's not at the top of my wish list.
 
I don't think Draft times should count TBH.
 
This is one of the biggest things missing from GT5 IMO. Especially as i have a bad memory :)
 
I think they should worry about fixing the problems with the actual Time Trial mode before they worry about implementing best laps from actual races into the mix.
 
Toronado
I think they should worry about fixing the problems with the actual Time Trial mode before they worry about implementing best laps from actual races into the mix.

There's problems there too? What specifically.

Excuse my ignorance I rarely play.
 
There's problems there too? What specifically.

Excuse my ignorance I rarely play.
It records each individual lap from a session to the records board rather than your best lap of the session. You can't individually delete times from the records board. The game invalidates lap times for amazingly stupid reasons. The game invalidates lap times for future laps for amazingly stupid reasons.
 
That's an odd one T.

Running offline Time trials is a pain too.

Top gear test track records the best lap of the session. Thing is, if I run another session in the same car it puts the best lap of the session up there too.

Example.

Mclaren MP4C xxx
458 Italia xxx
Merc SLS. xxx
458 Italia. xxx

Really strange. Would be nice to just add the best time for that car.
Even let us Delete an entry rather than the full board.

Only 10 slots too.

Frustration is GT's middle name.
 
Agreed that it would be nice to be able to delete individual entries. Would also be nice to have a list with space for 100 entries that you could scroll through. Or to be able to filter by tire type or PP etc.

Don't agree about disqualifications being stupid. Some tracks need to be more strict IMO.
 
Agreed that it would be nice to be able to delete individual entries. Would also be nice to have a list with space for 100 entries that you could scroll through. Or to be able to filter by tire type or PP etc.

Don't agree about disqualifications being stupid. Some tracks need to be more strict IMO.

Some spots need to be more strict, some spots are way too strict or just plain don't make any sense. Many also need to be able to tell that if you are going 75mph slower than normal pace you're not gaining advantage. The whole system is just wierd.

And I do wish that it only recorded the best lap of a session. If you spend lots of time lapping slow cars quite well around a track and then do 10 crappy laps in a 908, all those times disappear. But I guess you already have to have a notes file on your PC anyway since you have to manually record all of your track-specific setups, or any good setup since they get erased if you change equipped parts.

Gotta love poorly finished games.
 
This can even be extended so that when you go to your garage and pick a car, it usually shows number of races won. We should be able to see which tracks those wins were on, the time, what event, and the setup used, as well as the date.
 
Don't agree about disqualifications being stupid. Some tracks need to be more strict IMO.
I cut the uphill chicane at Trial Mountain, intentionally or otherwise. Literally the first turn on the track.


Explain to me why the game should then invalidate not only that lap, but the next lap as well.
 
Toronado
I cut the uphill chicane at Trial Mountain, intentionally or otherwise. Literally the first turn on the track.

Explain to me why the game should then invalidate not only that lap, but the next lap as well.

It's all about character building lol.
 
Very good point Runeaxe977. THis would be a very nice touch if included in the next GT. Its always interesting what sort of lap times you can do during a race and then see what sort of pace you can manage in practice test sessions.

It would also be super fantastic if you could make minor tunes to suspension setup during pit stops (sway bars and bump/rebound would realistically be the onle ones).
 
Back