Why don’t they update Catalunya and Spa layouts?

• Thread starter Sarajevo89
  • 21 comments
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Why are they always so lazy and not up to date? These two tracks look different now but Kaz is surely fast asleep at the wheel. Imagine annual F1 games not being up to date like this. They would be laughing stock but it seems everyone pretty much expects it from Kaz. It’s very very sad, I tell you.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Let's add the Red Bull Ring on being outdated too so some people can complain to PD for things they can't control and change on a moments notice.

To be fair they did update the time of year on a lot of real-world tracks without improving the assets. Brands 2-d tree hatch , is now more in fall than its GT sport counterpart .

I would go the other way and ask for the retro versions they ruined CAT with chicanery and old spa was a death trap loved it in pc2

I’m sorry I like driving on real-world tracks that actually exist in, you know, real world.
Pretty sure i watched plenty of F1 race's on TV there and raced it in many games from Geoff Crammond and other's so it "exists" for me spa maybe not though as time started in 1973 nothing existed before my arrival 🤨

Spa literally was just completed in real life. Expecting them to immediately make the changes is a bit much. Hasn't been that long since Catalunya was completed either...
Meanwhile FS2020 has airports that still have to be finished or build at all, just a sand pit with pristine airport layout on top :lol:
I also found a lake that doesn't exist yet, planned dam construction and subsequent flooding. Project is on hold yet finished in the game.

You can be ahead of the curve or actually have things ready instead of being behind the facts.
(FS2020 also has airports that have long ago been closed and turned into parks or housing projects. Might hit a building when landing there lol. It goes both ways)

Games as time capsules!

View attachment 1142040

View attachment 1142041

Let's add the Red Bull Ring on being outdated too so some people can complain to PD for things they can't control and change on a moments notice.
This looks really dangerous, cars won't be taking the chicane but now have a wall at a 90° angle a couple of metres off the racing line on a fast straight.

Imagine annual F1 games not being up to date like this.
Don't paint Codemasters as the good guys here, every year they release a unfinished game with a F2 placeholder from the year before, it takes half a year after launch to get the right content.

Last edited:
The Daytona RC announcement (and by extension, the Behind the Scenes videos since they are formed from it) has the NASCAR-specific chicane on it, while the in-game track didn't have that:
1651248709748.png

I think I heard somewhere the Daytona track they had is from around 2018/2019 or so, while the NASCAR chicane was only there because of COVID schedule realignment.

Back