Why don't I have the 8hr races???

• Thread starter Gloveberg
  • 6 comments
Hey guys. I have what seems to me like a dumb question but I'm stumped. I have all the bikes and have won every single race but I cannot for the life of me find the "special" races to complete the 100%. I won all the TT races but as far as I can tell nothing else (i.e. the 8hr races) was unlocked. Any clue what I'm doing wrong or not seeing? Thanks!

BTW, I did try to search old threads earlier to find the answer but came up with nothing.

I'm pretty sure I figured it out. What I was doing was going to each race series and then picking a track to race on. I never knew (or noticed) the wreath deal at the left to race the "series". I have to now go through win the different series and that should unlock things .......I'm hoping :dunce:

Series championships have to be won as a series. The 8H unlocks when you win the last series, if I remember correctly. There are a LOT of prize bikes you don't have if you haven't run the series events, too.

so, are there 8hr races or just 8hr special bikes?

They're not actual 8-hour races, but the final series is for 8H bikes only, and the races are long enough (10 laps, is it?) to make tire wear a really big issue. Many players have found that they streak into the distance, only to finish 3rd or 4th because their tires went off. No pits, so no new tires, so you have to make them last.

They're not actual 8-hour races, but the final series is for 8H bikes only, and the races are long enough (10 laps, is it?) to make tire wear a really big issue. Many players have found that they streak into the distance, only to finish 3rd or 4th because their tires went off. No pits, so no new tires, so you have to make them last.

Kinda forces you to learn how to handle the bike on hard tires, and even then they'll be pretty badly worn by the race's end. I think they really should have made the pit (and fuel) active features, at least for the special machines. That would make it a lot more realistic, since the 8h bikes DO have to change tires and take on fuel during real races. The way they designed the tire wear in the game, there is no way to make anything other than a hard tire last long in even the seven lap races, unless you're very nice to the tires and stay in fourth place for the whole race. So you either go fast and suffer at the end, or suffer the whole race and hope you've got enough time, luck, and skill (not in that particular order), to crank it up and make a move on the other three riders by the end of the race...on still worn tires...and special machines tend to be pretty f:censored:n heavy on the acceleration, so you almost CAN'T be nice to the tires or you'll feel like you're not moving.

Back