Why dont PD...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kalaspuffar
  • 13 comments
  • 965 views
Messages
127
Messages
Hultenius
Now when we have our standard and premiums wouldnt it be good if the standard cars got the "real" (not the generic one we have had in all gts) speedometer and rewcounters in bumper cam?

Just like in the "other" game.

I think that would be a nice touch, what do you think?
 
Last edited:
That would be a nice touch but I feel that PD have bigger things to do first.

Also you should post it in the feedback section.
 
Which is the 'other' game that gives accurate per-car speedo images? I'm pretty sure it's not Forza.

I don't actually mind the generic images, I never look directly at them anyway.

Also, I dread to think what a 'bumber cam' might be :D
 
Which is the 'other' game that gives accurate per-car speedo images? I'm pretty sure it's not Forza.

I don't actually mind the generic images, I never look directly at them anyway.

Also, I dread to think what a 'bumber cam' might be :D


hehe, dont you know? :P

The other game is Shift :sly:
 
Or TDU and TDU2. :) Though I'd rather have they fix the more important issues.
 
"Custom" (realistic) gauges would be annoying when car performance (top speed, engine rpm) improves. By the way often for track-day cars or race cars high readability, "generic" gauges with a proper scale for the intended use get installed.
 
...or Supercar Challenge or Ferrari Challenge.

A LOT of games out there paid attention to this small detail and I think it's a great touch. And would have gone a long way toward making the bumper cam a bit more enticing to use in GT5. I really dislike the generic gauges. Sometimes you even forget what car you're driving.
 
Ah, Shift. Never played it - that's why the reference was lost on me :D
 
I think that, while it would be a nice touch, it would be a pain for PD to instate. I would want it on premium cars where we've seen the interior, and maybe 200 standard cars that are rare gems, but not all 1,000 cars.

Shift was good though.
 
I personally prefer the bumper cam gauges. They are easy to read, and if you're in bumper cam, you probably mean business.

If PD offered these car specific gauges, I would hope they include an option to switch back to the ones they have right now. I have no objection to more options.

My real gripe with GT5 is that I want all the old tracks. You know, they included cars from GT4 that weren't up to GT5 standards, so at least include the GT4 tracks too.
 
Also, for cockpit view, I think PD could easily fake it by having you in the nearest premium's cockpit when in a standard level car. If you're in a standard NSX, just put us in the Premium's cockpit with an asterisk explaining that.

Why not?
 
Also, for cockpit view, I think PD could easily fake it by having you in the nearest premium's cockpit when in a standard level car. If you're in a standard NSX, just put us in the Premium's cockpit with an asterisk explaining that.

Why not?

That's not too much to ask. This is a good idea.

I'd also like to use the interior on the Formula GT. It is clearly visible from the outside. I dunno why PD is beating around the bush.
 
That's not too much to ask. This is a good idea.

I'd also like to use the interior on the Formula GT. It is clearly visible from the outside. I dunno why PD is beating around the bush.

Yeah, you're right.

It's strange. A lot of standard cars are at a quality level above some of the other ones.

My guess is that PD rebooted their game at some point. The mid level 'standards' were meant to be the normal cars in a PS3 launch era GT, and for some reason similar to the Duke Nukem Forever reboots, they abandoned that because they kept shooting higher and higher.

The ultimate product shows how trying too hard can get in the way.

I love GT5... for the money, it's a tremendous value even if it's not perfect.

Anyway, some of this stuff with standard cars seems artificially intended to highlight what is premium. That's silly.
 
Back