Why don't we have Gr.4 variants of classic Road Cars?

• Thread starter HACHIR0KU
  • 18 comments
United States
United States
Butaketsu-C130
You know, like RX7s, Supras and Skylines. Given that most of the Gr.4 roster in Sport is fictional, it wouldn't hurt to see different Road Cars getting their own Gr.4 version. I'd kill for a RE-Amemiya look-a-like for the RX7, for instance. There's no need to even restrict it to japanese cars only - MINI doesn't have a Gr.4 entry (or Gr.3 for that matter).

Just an idea I've had for the longest time. To me it would be mostly an excuse to have Road Cars with a light bodykit and a wing since we have no body customization in Sport and more variation in the Gr. 4 roster, as that's the class I like to race the most.

Probably because GT4 and GT3 is supposed to represent modern touring car racing. I get there are some classic exceptions (ie. 2004 Ford GT)... I'm with you... I'd love all the classic Japanese touring cars like the various Skylines Supras etc.

MMX
I think they should have a race version of every street car in game. Would keep me busy in the livery editor. :lol:

That would be my dream, even if they just made a Group NRxxx where the race variant had race tyres and a roll cage with stripped interior.

Certain RMs in GT6, have stock bodies with roll cage:
latest

car_1072_46737_555f364242e3e.jpg

Now, we have Gr.3 & Gr.B Road Cars, plus some road cars with standard roll cages. For the next game, PD may just give us that grassroots racer look.

By that logic no new race cars should be added into the game since they all require BoP re-balancing.

No. By that logic one should not blindly add vast numbers of fictional race cars to the mix that all need work to keep balanced. The main objective is to have a car from as many manufacturers as possible in each class, and I think they've done that quite well. If they add some new cars over time, preferably real and not fictional ones, I think that would suffice.

Older cars should have race modified versions, if they put the road cars on Nxxx classes, they should put these cars in Axxx classes, on their racing versions.

No need to BoP them, they could just determine the weight of FF, FR, MR and 4WD in each class. Some cars would be better than others, but more balanced than N classes.

Group A Supra:
toyota_supra_group_a_7.jpeg

Group A R32:
Group-A-Nissan-R32-Skyline-GTR-racetrack.jpg

Of course the Lancer Evo IV:
tommi-cat-97-ii.jpg

E30 M3:
31437189732_60ac4f3992_b.jpg

Older cars should have race modified versions, if they put the road cars on Nxxx classes, they should put these cars in Axxx classes, on their racing versions.

No need to BoP them, they could just determine the weight of FF, FR, MR and 4WD in each class. Some cars would be better than others, but more balanced than N classes.

Group A Supra:
toyota_supra_group_a_7.jpeg

Group A R32:
Group-A-Nissan-R32-Skyline-GTR-racetrack.jpg

Of course the Lancer Evo IV:
tommi-cat-97-ii.jpg

E30 M3:
31437189732_60ac4f3992_b.jpg
Yeah, so weird to have the road car and no racing variant. These cars are ripe for Gr.4.

I do wonder if PD are considering adding classic classes. Lots of rally and touring cars from the 80’s, 90’s, 00’s with similar performance levels to Gr.4.

Because mixing old and new race cars into one group is awful.
Depends on what class of racing. See, PD made Gr.4 based on GT4. We all know this. However, they make a new series in Real Circuit tours. This groups all ages of vehicles, depicted in classic liveries. Like the race below

PD have given us the real thing, but without the proper race modifications to authenticate those cars.

I know this is about Gr.4, but it's the closest we have to production car racing in the game. So, it's the only Group we can hope for the next wave(if any) of Gr.4 cars.

I'd be happy with just a 'race prepped' option for N Class cars: stripped interior, cage, bonnet pins and refuelling rig. Would suit Group N style racing for sure!

Problem with 'Gr.4' versions of older cars is that they'd likely end up looking like they came out of a NFS game with too wild and non period correct looking aeroblike some of the 'Touring Cars' from GT5/6.

I loved the R34 'Touring Car' to drive but hated the JGTC style rear wing when the rest of the body was styled after the Falken N24 car which had a much narrower wing in real life.

I'd be happy with just a 'race prepped' option for N Class cars: stripped interior, cage, bonnet pins and refuelling rig. Would suit Group N style racing for sure!

Problem with 'Gr.4' versions of older cars is that they'd likely end up looking like they came out of a NFS game with too wild and non period correct looking aeroblike some of the 'Touring Cars' from GT5/6.

I loved the R34 'Touring Car' to drive but hated the JGTC style rear wing when the rest of the body was styled after the Falken N24 car which had a much narrower wing in real life.
That would be ideal. Work on the same basis as N class racing but with basic race prep. The single biggest annoyance of N class upgrades is the lack of race brakes. Without improved stopping power what’s the point of power upgrades?

Back