Why "gift car" feature would bring lots of missing JOY back to the game

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 12 comments
Germany
Hanover/Germany
alexpkas
Back then in the GT5 days I had a car gifting thread going on, where I gifted LOTS of cars, and also lots of rare and expensive cars to many GTPlanet users and basically made some rules in the thread on how to win and thus made it like a game of some sort. Do you know what emotions that invoked in me the most? FUN AND JOY!
And as this is what games in generell, and especially GT, are all about. PD should absolutely bring this feature back! But let us get into the specific reasons for that:
1. GT5 had this feature as well, so it is technically feasable and PD does have experience with it.
2. In one month, there is Christmas. :)
3. Earning and recieving ALL cars in the game takes WAY TOO LONG!
4. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: Gifting people and seeing their joy brings you joy as well! :) I do have quite a few doublicates, and even some VERY rare and expensive ones, for which I would get lots of ingame cash when selling them, but I would rather gift them to my fellow GT players, thus HELP them with progress in the game and again: create JOY for them!

Having said and proposed that, I do think PD should NOT limit in any type or fashion which cars we would like to gift to others, as gifting the rarest and most expensive cars to other players, certainly feels a lot better, than gifting away the easy to obtain ones! ;)

If you support my idea, write PD on twitter, link this thread, like this thread and participate in this conversation, leave a comment, tell us and PD how you feel about this proposal! :) ARE YOU WITH ME ON THIS!? :D

Support my twitter message!:

Last edited:
Back then in the GT5 days I had a car gifting thread going on, where I gifted LOTS of cars, and also lots of rare and expensive cars to many GTPlanet users and basically made some rules in the thread on how to win and thus made it like a game of some sort. Do you know what emotions that invoked in me the most? FUN AND JOY!
And as this is what games in generell, and especially GT, are all about. PD should absolutely bring this feature back! But let us get into the specific reasons for that:
1. GT5 had this feature as well, so it is technically feasable and PD does have experience with it.
2. In one month, there is Christmas. :)
3. Earning and recieving ALL cars in the game takes WAY TOO LONG!
4. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: Gifting people and seeing their joy brings you joy as well! :) I do have quite a few doublicates, and even some VERY rare and expensive ones, for which I would get lots of ingame cash when selling them, but I would rather gift them to my fellow GT players, thus HELP them with progress in the game and again: create JOY for them!

Having said and proposed that, I do think PD should NOT limit in any type or fashion which cars we would like gift to others, as gifting the rarest and most expensive cars to other players, certainly feels a lot better, than gifting away the easy to obtain ones! ;)

If you support my idea, write PD on twitter, link this thread, like this thread and participate in this conversation, leave a comment, tell us and PD how you feel about this proposal! :) ARE YOU WITH ME ON THIS!? :D
In theory, sure, but I'm not sure I see them ever enabling it, as it kind makes the "collect X cars" Menus zero challenge.

If they never add anything besides a track creator I would be fine with that. Sadly they seem to have other priorities.

I think gifting was removed because of hacked cars in the GT5 days. However that's no longer an issue so I don't know why it can't be done.

I’d like the gifting car feature because I’ve purchased and tuned cars and I can’t convince my racing buddies to buy the car and tune it so we can run it against each other. In all fairness to them, they saving for the ridiculously priced legendary car they want. On GT5 I’d gift a car tuned up to match mine, nobody ever complained if I sent them a car lol

Gifting cars to other players was most likely removed because of RMT (=Real Money Trade). I remember how in the early days of GT5 there were numerous ebay offerings for the Red Bull X2010, costing 50 to 70 bucks each. That's why there's no more gifting cars to other players and why from GT6 onward MTXs were introduced for players willing to buy individual cars with real money. There's no way that gifting cars is ever coming back to the series.

Back